Oh, great - a big recall from Fisher Price of kids' toys made in China!! Sesame Street and Dora figures - all made with paint with lead in it!! Gotta love it! And some committee in the US wants to start importing chickens from China - yes, chickens - the kind you eat - all killed and ready for your table! Their standards are just not the same as ours - when will we learn??? Those of you with little ones - you probably already know, but, if not, here's one of many websites:
http://www.service.mattel.com/us/recall/default.asp?recall_id=52430
Apart from that (definitely my pet peeve of the week!), today was a busy one - at least for me. We actually slept in till 9:30 which was pretty incredible. But we had both woken up throughout the night - poor Floyd groans in pain all night long... Kristy and Bob were already up and had their breakfast while we were showering. They hung around for awhile and then headed back to Red Deer for their vaccination shots. Last night we talked and tried to kinda plan the upcoming month and we discovered that they're not going to be here as much as we thought as they have a lot of people who want to get together with them. At first ("I will not lie", to quote Bob) I was sad but then I realized that this is a wonderful time for them - when they're homeless and debt-free! Ha ha. Good for them - why not? Plus they're really not sure where they're going to end up six months from now, so spend time with friends and family while you can. Mandy and Jorge would relate, for sure!
Speaking of Mandy relating to someone, I was talking to Cass today and she was crying and so sad because her boss found a replacement for her today. I, first of all, thought that was good news but quickly realized that, like Mandy, she is finding it so hard to leave her students. I think she's only got another week or so left. Cass - if you read this - know that you're doing the right thing and that the Lord will give back to you tenfold all that you are releasing to follow His will...and He will care for those you are leaving behind...
Anyway, yeah, it was hot but the more I sat and procrastinated about mowing the lawn, the more I thought I should just do it and get it over with! So, I started around noon and wasn't done until 3:30! But I discovered something about our new lawn mower - if you don't use the bag, it mulches the grass and puts it back on the lawn. And I am the kind of person who doesn't mind mowing the lawn at all, but I despise having to stop every 20 feet and emptying the bag! So, when Floyd said not to use the bag, I was all over it! So, don't ask me why it took me so long.... But, in my defense, I did rake up 6 bags of apples from under the apple tree, weeded the back flowerbed and watered some plants as well...kinda got distracted on my way around the lawn...lol.
So, after that, I came back in, hot, sweaty and feeling like there were several of Tanya's spiders (see her blog!) making homes in my hair (I need a haircut!), so I took shower #2 of the day. Now I'm going to finish (I hope!) a knitted blanket I'm making for Isabella. Time's closing in on me and I've still got a couple more projects to complete.
I'm back to work this coming week - August 7th - so I am praying that Floyd will be well enough to be by himself for the long 12 hour shifts. But I have no choice.
Kristy just called and her and Bob are on their way to Spokane, Washington, with some friends from Red Deer!! LOL! Two couples were going down for a shopping trip and, as there was room, they decided to hop on board! Good for them - we all would, if we could, wouldn't we???
Thursday, August 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Great job on the lawn sweetie. To just sit and watch you do all the work was the hardest thing that I have done in a long time. I tried not to tell you how do do it so many times I would just get up and walk inside. Sorry. Guess by the looks of it you knew how to do everything anyway and it looks beautiful.
Thanks love
Floyd
6:18 PM
Ha ha...I *knew* it was hard for you!!! Thanks for not telling me what to do and I'm glad it looks okay at the end. I know you have it done to an art but I haven't done it for awhile!! Why do we have all that stuff cluttering the lawn?? LOL! Sorry about that!
Love you!
Post a Comment