Sunday, August 12, 2007

Superstore Saturday & Sundae Sunday!!

Saturday was an adventure to Superstore with Cynthia… I’d wanted to look again at their organic goods. But on Saturday!! LOL! I’m thinking that, next time, we need to go another day of the week. But we didn’t even think of that until we got there and, once there, you need to just make the best of it. Surprisingly, we didn’t have to wait at all in line ups to pay – it was just a really busy place! But I found out that, unlike Safeway and Walmart, they actually sell organic whole wheat flour! For me, that discovery made the whole trip worthwhile as I was thinking one might have to frequent the costly health food stores for something like that… Unlike Walmart, their organic goods are just all mixed in with the regular items – haven’t quite decided if I like that better than when they are in separate aisles…

Anyway, after that, we hit Safeway to pick up a prescription and by now, Sam and I were excited about a visit to Starbucks! We were ready for our White Chocolate Mocha fix and, boy was it good!! I actually discovered something else about Sam – she’s an avid fan of Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers!! Ha ha. Okay, maybe “avid fan” is stretching it a bit – but she was saying how she’s seen most of their movies and loved them, whereas, me, her Aunt, hasn’t seen one!! I’ve always meant to, but just never got around to it. This whole topic came up because the museum has the “old movie” series still running (I used to go to them with my Mum when my girls were little!), and this month a lot of them star Astaire! So, maybe tomorrow or the next Monday night, we might take one in…

Saturday evening, I worked some more on my quilt – I think I’ll be starting the machine quilting parts tomorrow…then the hand quilting.

This morning I had to work in the bookstore at church, so was there until 1 p.m., while Floyd stayed home. When I got home the Cornells were over visiting him! I’d talked to them at church and, apparently, they’d gone for lunch, then stopped in to see how Floyd was doing, so that was nice… (Mandy & Jorge – they send their love!)

While at church, I found a flyer for a Women Alive Conference coming to Edmonton this October and thought, “Hey! That would be nice to go to with my sister!” So, I asked her and she’s going to go with me! I’m so excited! It’s a Friday night and Saturday, so they’re offering out-of-towners a reduced room rate, so I’m thinking that we might even stay in the hotel!! Fun! I have never been to one and have always thought I’d like to, so there you go…now I’m going to!

This afternoon, we had Madison washed and groomed as she was getting pretty shaggy – boy, does she look pretty!! Whoever did it this time, did a really good job because her coat is all smooth and just shines. Maybe my house will be dog-hair free for a couple of days!! In my dreams….LOL. Oh, well, she’s a “good ol’ dog” and we kinda like having her around.

I quilted all afternoon and evening – stopping to throw a chicken in the oven for supper and, later, to do a DQ run as we both felt Sundaes calling our names…fat-free, sugar-free, calorie-free…yeah, right. Guilt free?? You bet!!

No comments: