Friday, August 10, 2007

I have "happy feet" again!! No, it's nothing to do with the movie (haven't even seen it!) but on Thursday, before I went to work, I went and had a pedicure with Kristy! It's been a loooong time! In fact, I think my last one was last summer before we went to Minnesota. Anyway, Kristy had been at WEM with Samantha, shopping, and they called me around 4 to see if I wanted to join them. Kristy was also having a pedicure, and Sam was going to get a manicure as she'd just had her feet done the week before. This time we did something different - we got a French finish instead of just the plain color (Fa's recommendation) and we both really like it! After that, I had to go straight to work - my first nightshift after a long time. But it went well - I had a major incident that tied me up for most of the night but that was interesting and made the time fly by.

Friday I slept until 1:30 (after waking once about 9 to say goodbye to KB and Bob) - with the help of my Sleepytime Tea!! I can't believe how much that knocks me out! Thank the Lord, it's an answer to prayer.... However, when I woke, I discovered that one of my eyes decided to stay "asleep"...sigh...so I had no choice but to call in sick for Friday night. I felt so bad as it's a terrible thing to have to do to my co-workers - I just hope and pray they were able to get someone else to come in and cover. I'm trying not to get upset whenever this swelling still happens as I was really praying that my new way of eating (organic + Isagenix) would resolve this issue. Maybe the doctors are right after all and it
is idiopathic (no known cause). But I still believe that the Lord knows and, when the time is right, maybe He'll show me the cause. If not, that's fine as well - it is a very minor inconvenience that I have to live with in a world where a lot of people have major illnesses and pains... So, in the midst of it, I look in the mirror and give Him thanks!

Anyway.... Floyd was having company (Hess and Henk) over after supper, so I decided to see if my sister was doing anything. For supper, I'd run to Safeway to pick up some organic spinach, tomatoes and cucumbers (both of the last two were the exact same price as the regular ones!!). Then I barbecued some chicken breasts and heated up some potatoes. This is my latest yummy meal craving - salad with cut up chicken in it. I also bought some organic salad dressings and I put a bit on the side and dip my forkful into it. I find that way I use about 1/4 of what I would normally put of the salad, and it still tastes just as yummy!! Anyway....

After supper, I drove to Cynthia's and brought some movies. But first of all, we had a mission! LOL! I helped her set up her own blog!! Now don't all jump on there at once, 'cause it was really late at night that we were finished and I made her promise not to stay up blogging! But within the next 48 hours she should have something on there (link on left) and, hopefully, if we all comment and encourage her, she'll keep it up!! Yay! I'm so excited!! LOL! She always phones me and tells me about her day and now you'll be able to share those little news tidbits as well! I'm sooooo proud of her! Love you, Pip!!! (Whoops, maybe I shouldn't have revealed her nickname to the world, but it was bound to come out somewhere along the line....LOL!). Now, the funny thing about this was that the whole time Cynthia and I were designing her blog, Andrew (playing an Xbox game) was commenting about "Why are you using Blogger, Mummy? Nobody uses blogger these days. Everyone uses free web. Don't do a blog, Mummy!! Etc., etc..." Such a hard time he gave us!!! However, we were no sooner off the computer and the keyboard wasn't even cold yet, and guess who was on there creating his Blog!!!!???? Yup! The whole time we watched a movie (more on that...LOL), Andrew was designing his blog! The link? http://www.andrew-command-center.blogspot.com/ I'm not sure how much it's up and running but he worked on it for two hours! He showed me his other web page and, while it was very interesting and creatively done, it wasn't personal at all - no Andrew-news or anything... So I told him his blog should be different if he wanted us to make it a link and go there often. So, I'll see what he does and, if it's kept up and newsy, I'll post the link on my page!! There you go, Drew, a challenge for you! I'm so proud of him, as well. He's helping his Mum around the house and doing school everyday in preparation for the big day in September!! He's such a brain - he was even posting his blogs using the Java Script edit! I was like, "Why aren't you using the text editor?" and no, he continued doing it in the other format with all the swiggles and punctuations!! Crazy boy! And a whole lot smarter than me!!...

Yeah, so while Andrew was blogging, Cynthia, Sam and I watched a movie. "Somewhere in Time" starring (ready for this mix??) Christopher Reeves (Superman), Jane Seymour (Dr. Quinn), and Christopher Plummer (Baron Von Trapp)!! LOL! Yeah, it was interesting. It was funny, 'cause as I was watching it, I thought of my Mum and chuckled to myself, thinking, "Mum, if you were here, about now you'd stir and say, 'My, this is slow-moving, isn't it?'" Those were Mum's 'famous words' during a movie - usually after she'd just woken up! LOL! But, no sooner had the thought crossed my mind, than Cynthia says out loud, "Boy, this is kind of slow-moving, isn't it?" ROTFLOL! Yup, it was. Even when they (finally) kissed, it was a slow-moving kiss!! Ha ha... It was okay, kind of weird premise to the whole story, but there you go. I finally left 'cause it was 11:30 and there was still 22 mins left, so I left it in their hands. I wonder if they stayed up to finish it.....?

Had my Sleepytime tea and off to bed with my honey. I slept like a log until 8:30 but Floyd didn't (he needs to start joining my nightly ritual!), apparently. I think he napped quite a bit on the couch yesterday and that probably didn't help. I need to get him out walking and exercising today so he'll be tired at night. Today we might go to Superstore with Cynthia as she has to pick up a couple of things and, after seeing Walmart's offerings, I want to look again at their organic stuff and prices....

No comments: