Yesterday, Floyd and I went for his post-surgery appointment at the Royal Alex with Dr. Estey, the surgeon. We were both looking forward to the fact that he would be having the catheter taken out (him a bit more than I, I expect!). That went okay and we were thankful to be done with it, as I believe it was causing a lot of his pain. Then Dr. Estey came in and gave us the pathology report from the operation. The bottom line was very scary but we are trusting (as is the doctor) that everything is out. While the amount of cancer in the gland itself wasn't much (8-10%), it was a much more aggressive type of cancer than they had thought (9 out of 10 on the Gleason scale) and, potentially, could have been disastrous. They couldn't see any sign of it spreading when they were in there, so that's a blessing. Once again, we praise God that the opening for surgery came in July and we didn't have to wait until September. Dr. Estey agreed whole-heartedly. We have another appointment in September for followup and Floyd will have a PSA test two weeks before that. So, Lord, it's all in Your hands (as it always has been!). Please continue to pray for Floyd.
So we went home, via Safeway, where we picked up some antibiotics for him. In the afternoon, we putzed around the house. I did some laundry and ironing and finished Isabella's knitted blanket. I sure hope she likes it!
In the late afternoon, I walked to Sears to get a haircut. Whenever I get to the point where it needs it, I have this little tug of war because at that point is also when it's at it's curliest. And cutting it clips off most of the curls. I love long hair on women but wrestle with the fact that mine does start to get out of control when it gets long! Yes, Tanya, go ahead and say it! She always tells me it looks like a "football helmet" and, looking back at family photos, I must admit it has resembled that in the past.... Sigh.... So, once again, I got it cut but I'm trying to leave the back a bit longer so that I don't look entirely manly..... Oh, forgot to mention!! Speaking of curly hair.... I was talking to Cynthia the other day, commenting on how nice hers looked and "had she just curled it?", etc. and she laughed and said, "No. In fact I've been meaning to talk to you about that..." LOL!! Come to find out hers has been starting to curl naturally!! Just like mine did when I was her age!! Our Mum would be so excited!! It's really strange as, when younger, we both had straight, albeit wavy, hair and now mine forms corkscrew curls all over my head! Welcome to my world, Pip!!
In the evening, after supper, we decided to watch a movie. Okay, I decided to watch a movie and Floyd agreed to see it with me. He's not a movie person, and I'm not a TV person... He usually sleeps through "my" movies, and I usually knit or read through "his" TV. I just can't handle the commercials (not to mention the channel surfing, lol!). Anyway, my pick was a newish Sandra Bullock thriller (kind of) called "Premonition". It was kinda freaky and had an equally freaky ending but it kept Floyd awake, so it must have been okay.. Madison was disturbed by the thunder storms outside, and the ones coming through the speakers, so she was totally confused and didn't know where to hide. LOL.
Samantha was telling me on MSN earlier today about a new Starbucks coffee - blueberries and cream? Or something like that. It's been calling my name every since she mentioned it, so we may have to do a Starbucks run sometime this weekend....
Saturday, August 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment