Friday, August 31, 2007

A Mad Hatter's Tea Party...

Today was a fun day... We four (boys in one car, us in another) went to Pak Mail to send off an envelope for Kristy's & Bob's visas/passports, then to their bank - to put me as another cardholder on their account. Then, if necessary, I can help them with banking stuff while they're overseas. After that we went our separate ways - the boys off somewhere (boy, I was really interested, wasn't I? LOL - I have *no* idea where they were going!!) and Kristy and I to do some serious girl shopping!! We went to Linen's 'n Things and got a wedding present for a wedding Floyd and I are going to tomorrow, and to Safeway to pick up a couple of food items. Then to....Reitman's! We had so much fun. First we were in two rooms next to each other, then I moved so our dressing rooms were across from each other and we just left the doors open - LOL! We tried on so many things - and exchanged back and forth. Amazing how something would look really good on me, yet terrible on her or vice versa... A couple of things we both agreed on, though, were some really comfy capri fleece pants with a matching zippered hoody/jacket. We both liked it and bought it, figuring we were gonna be opposite sides of the Atlantic Ocean, so it wouldn't matter if we both wore it the same time...LOL... We also bought a few other things... We found a few skirts for her, too, as her ones for Africa had to be below mid-calf, and that eliminated some of her current wardrobe. We decided to grab lunch for Dad (who was home by this time) and ourselves but I also wanted to get a haircut. So, KB dropped me off at Sears and by the time she'd put gas in the car (thanks, KB!) and got Taco Bell, I was all done! After lunch (with some Corner Gas thrown in), we were unpacking our clothes and discussing what we were going to wear to Red Deer tonight. I was going with her to her GIGGLES girls' night as they were doing a little tribute thing for her and it would be her last chance to go to it. Then we'd be driving back. The theme was a Mad Hatter's Tea Party and everyone was to wear a hat & bring their favorite tea. Well, we had hats picked out (KB's a hard hat/me a Fort Edmonton one) and were discussing what we were going to wear. I commented how it was too bad we couldn't just wear our new comfy pants and hoody and then I thought....!! Hey! This was a Mad Hatter's Tea Party!! We could go matching as Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum!! Ha ha...yeah...so we did! We ran to the mall to a hat store and got black hats, put paper names on them and we were good to go.

First of all though, we had to pick up Cynthia, who was shopping for school supplies at Walmart in South Edmonton Common. We met her at Superstore and drove her home, then hit the highway. We were really running late so upped the speed a bit. Knowing it was a long weekend, we talked about how there were probably gonna be checkstops out province-wide. Sure enough, about 1/2 hr north of Red Deer, there it was! I was sure I was gonna be stopped seeing as I was merrily doing 1** in the fast lane (but so was everyone else!), when a sheriff's car did a u-turn from northbound to southbound right beside me. Sweat, sweat... But he was just going to help out an RCMP who had another car pulled over, so we were saved. But, yeah, needless to say, we slowed right down after that and ended up being about 10 minutes late. But we were far from being to last to arrive - in fact, many arrived after us, so that was all good...


We had a fun night, drank different kinds of teas (one I liked was an Ice Wine flavored one) and had some yummy gingersnap cookies and McCain's chocolate cake. Here's a pic of the two of us plus one of KB and her friend, Julia.



We left about 10, hit Starbucks for a caffeine fix for the driver (grande Caramel Macchiato to go!!) plus a frappaccino for Kristy. The drive home was uneventful but really nice, as we talked about all kinds of things and shared some of our thoughts about their trip to England and Africa. It was just good to be able to spend the time with Kris - I know we made yet another memory today that will help tide us over in the upcoming six months.... I love you, Kristy Beth!!

3 comments:

Floyd said...

I see you didn't tell us what the writing was on your hat's???

Love you and you both looked so cute.

Wendy said...

If you click on it, you can enlarge it and read it...I thought I'd let people find out for themselves...LOL!!!

Kristy said...

I love you so much Mumma!! I had so much fun! I will be "Tweedle Dum" to your "Tweedle Dee" anyday!! Thanks for such a wonderful day, God blesses me so much through you! I am going to miss you so much, but know that I will be thinking of you all the time!!

Love you!!
KB