Saturday, September 01, 2007

Yet another wonderful encounter with our favorite (not!!) fabric store. I asked: "Could you please cut this for me?" She said: "How much do you need?" My answer: "I need 40 inches by 80 inches." Response: "We only cut by the meter." Pregnant pause. Nothing more. No "sorry". No "but I can convert that for you..." Just dismissal implying "sorry, can't help you, we don't do that here..." What the heck? I said; "Never mind, I can convert it - can you please just cut me a piece 1m by 2ms...." Believe it or not, but it still managed to go downhill from there. No matter what you ask, or how nicely you ask (believe me, I was polite - just as an experiment!!) - the same response which borders from outright ignoring to dismissing you with vague statements...i.e: "everything we have is over there...." I've just had it with them....

2 comments:

Buffy Close said...

I have had better service at walmart lately than at Fabricland. Still, now that Fanny's went out of business, this is the only place in town to get specialty fabrics that I know of.

Wendy said...

Yeah, I know what you mean - and that really says something when Walmart beats Fabricland for service!! When we last tried the fabrics dept in Walmart, I asked the lady for interfacing and she had no idea what I was talking about. So, I tried something else and she didn't know what that was either! I said to her (kindly), "You don't sew, do you?" She said, "Nope, they just put me in this dept!" LOL! I told her I felt sorry for her and she laughed as well. But it's pretty pathetic... Like you, I've found it's getting hard to find good fabric stores!