This morning saw us getting up around 8-9ish and after breakfast (Floyd scrambled some eggs), Kristy, Bob and I went to KDiv to buy something at the canteen for Uncle Pat and Aunt Mary. We were going to go to a corn maze (sorry, Tan) but discovered that, as of today, they're closed during the day!! Rats!! The bad part of kids going back to school.... Anyway, Floyd was feeling well enough to go for coffee with his friend, so that was good... We met him at Walmart on the way home and we browsed through the organic foods some more - Kris and I wanted to try an organic cake and icing mix we saw, so we bought it! We needed eggs & they didn't have our Nature's Eggs that we usually buy at Safeway (from hens that aren't given any antibiotics in their feed), so we thought we'd try some Free Range ones. Will let you know how that goes... Then we went to look for more school supplies for them to take with them to Africa - in particular, a notebook for them both for journaling.
While in Walmart, Bob decided Harvey's was gonna be the choice for lunch, so we went there afterwards. I can't even remember the last time I was in one but I know the kids were little! Bob's a little bitter 'cause Red Deer doesn't have one apparently.
In the afternoon Kris and I started to pack and sort through her stuff. Floyd relaxed in front of the tube and Bob caught 40 winks (okay, it was more like 120!!) while we did that. First, though, we made the cake mix. It was okay but we had an issue with mixer at one point - LOL! Suffice to say, (a) Kristy had to go and change her clothes, and (b) tomorrow her and I are going to look for a new mixer!! ROTFLOL! We really did get a lot accomplished, though - once we stopped laughing... We got her backpack packed and when she went to try it on she said she was going to tip over like the girl in "Runaway Bride" - LOL! Mandy and Cass were able to witness the event as we had them on Skype on my laptop downstairs while we were packing!! Cass apparently burned her hand last night and this morning Mandy took her to the hospital room (following Mandy's footsteps, Cass??) to get it bandaged and looked at. I guess it was pretty severe burn - blistered even... She has to go back every day for the next week or so to have it checked. Anyway, back to packing - after the backpack, we started going through her other stuff and putting it in piles: to go to Africa; to stay home....
Around 6:45 Kris and I went to the mall to see "Evan Almighty". It was interesting... We both decided it was better than "Bruce Almighty" and had some cool special effects (all the animals assembling) and some points to ponder ("If you pray for courage, does God send you courage? or put you in a circumstance where you need to be courageous?, etc...)
We came home and tried a piece of the cake. It was good - tasted, to me, a lot like a "built-from-scratch" cake. So it wasn't light and fluffy like a mix would be, but maybe it's the chemical junk in the mixes that make them like that - and maybe we don't need that!
Tuesday, September 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment