"What do you soo at the zee?" Ha ha... What a fun-packed day we had today to end our time with the girls! It kind of got off to a late start because Cynthia and I didn't touch base until around 10:30 (both had a lazy, Saturday, sleep-in, kind of day) and, even then, weren't sure what we wanted to do with the children. Amelie had woken up in the wee hours of the morning and come upstairs, so she crawled in with Floyd and I for the remainder of the night. Eri was up around 8ish and Adriana was the late-sleeper today, not waking up till around 9. Anyway, it was finally decided that we would go to the Valley Zoo and then to Cynthia's afterwards. Now I haven't been to the zoo for years and was not expecting it to be as good as it was! Even though it was out of season, there were still lots of animals, inside and out. The girls had a blast. This time I did bring my camera (finally), so will post some pics soon on my Photobucket (okay...truth is, I was just posting some and Firefox "encountered an error and had to close" - arrggghhh...my upload aborted mid-session - so it's gonna have to wait till tomorrow!). They ran and ran and ran - no time to linger at one cage when there was so much to see in the next...and the next...and the next!! They were given one ride ticket and picked the train - the only one that was really worth the ride anyway. It was a really wonderful day and I was so glad we decided to go...From the zoo, we grabbed some lunch, as it was already almost 3, and headed for Cynthia's. When we got there, the party just continued! The girls had so much fun with Andrew and Bethany - playing all kinds of silly and noisy games, inside and outside in the playground. Cynthia and I had a nice long time to chat as they played so well... We ended up staying for supper and into the evening. By 9:00 it was time for the day to end, so I rounded up my tired little princesses with no argument from anyone. I think they were really worn out. As we were leaving Cynthia's, Adriana suddenly started to chat with me about dating and boys (wow...didn't see that coming!! LOL!). Not wanting to avoid the moment when it was obviously on her mind, I went there with her and we had a good little discussion with me emphasizing, of course, that a ten-year-old still had many years to go before she was to worry or even think about such things... But she has a very mature mind and that came through as she expressed her thoughts and views. We lost the younger two to the Land of Nod on the trip home and even though Erilyn woke up when we pulled in the driveway, it wasn't long before all three were in bed. In fact, by the time I got Amelie downstairs, Eri had already jumped in herself and was half asleep. I threw some laundry in and started to pack their clothes while Adriana went about the house gathering her things. I wanted her to get to bed but it was soon evident that she would sleep better if she had her stuff packed before bed, so I let her...
No comments:
Post a Comment