Their church has communion every Sunday and there are couples from the congregation that help serve it. For me, it was amazing to stand in line and watch them serve their brothers and sisters the bread and the juice. Then my turn came and Kris offered me the bread and Bob, the juice, blessing me as they did so. Yeah, I was a mess. But I felt like a beam of light shone from Heaven, through the church roof, and settled on those two. It was indescribable and incredible. I knew it was a moment I'd never forget... As a mother, it is a priceless treasure to live to see the day when you are ministered to by your children... Thank you, Lord.
Sunday, September 09, 2007
There are moments in life....
...that you will never forget - and today I had one of those moments. The place was at Kentwood Alliance Church in Red Deer and the event was their church's commissioning of Bob and Kristy - sending them out to South Africa with YWAM. It was a wonderful service and I was glad to see we weren't the only ones who'd traveled to be there. Peter and Vicky, their care group leaders from Beulah, came, as well as Buffy with her two little ones... After some worship, the pastor called Kris and Bob up front and invited whoever wanted to, to come up and be part of the group praying for them. They anointed them, laid hands on them, and sent them out. It was an emotional moment. But the highlight for me was when, at the end of the service, Kristy and Bob were one of the couples that served communion.
Their church has communion every Sunday and there are couples from the congregation that help serve it. For me, it was amazing to stand in line and watch them serve their brothers and sisters the bread and the juice. Then my turn came and Kris offered me the bread and Bob, the juice, blessing me as they did so. Yeah, I was a mess. But I felt like a beam of light shone from Heaven, through the church roof, and settled on those two. It was indescribable and incredible. I knew it was a moment I'd never forget... As a mother, it is a priceless treasure to live to see the day when you are ministered to by your children... Thank you, Lord.
Their church has communion every Sunday and there are couples from the congregation that help serve it. For me, it was amazing to stand in line and watch them serve their brothers and sisters the bread and the juice. Then my turn came and Kris offered me the bread and Bob, the juice, blessing me as they did so. Yeah, I was a mess. But I felt like a beam of light shone from Heaven, through the church roof, and settled on those two. It was indescribable and incredible. I knew it was a moment I'd never forget... As a mother, it is a priceless treasure to live to see the day when you are ministered to by your children... Thank you, Lord.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yeah well...that made ME cry! I SOOO wish we could have been there.
Ok, talk about making me cry and I was there!! It was a good Sunday and I was so happy that you and Dad were able to share it with us!! We love you so much!
KB
Post a Comment