Wednesday, August 15, 2007

This is going to be a short one today as I have lots to do and it's already almost 8 p.m. And seeing as I have to get up at 4:45 a.m. tomorrow, I want to be to bed early. Think it's gonna happen? Probably not, but my intentions are there...

Yesterday was a really ambitious day. Floyd was feeling better (and has gained some weight, I hear!!) and so he set about on some projects as well. I mowed the lawns and, while I was doing that, he vacuumed out his truck & half of the Saturn. By then his energy was waning, so I finished the car and did mine as well. I've been meaning to vacuum my car out for weeks, so I was glad to get it done (although after the lawns, I must admit I didn't really feel like it!). Now I have to have it washed and do some touch-up painting on it....maybe on Friday.

I also talked to Kristy and Tanya online for awhile and that was fun. We used the webcam and should do that more often - I don't know why we don't. So much more fun to be able to see the grandkids as you're talking to them!!

Floyd and I have decided we need to start a new DVD series and I think (thanks to Mandy and Jorge's influence) it's going to be "Lost". We watched episode one with them in Concepcion and they say that it's a really good one, so I think I'm going to rent it on my next set off... It was fun when we were doing an Alias run and I think we need to do that again - we're both getting sick of the TV stations...

Today was back to work but it went well and relatively quickly. Tonight Floyd has his men's group (first time since he had surgery), so I'm in my room (ha ha). I talked to Cynthia for awhile, then, after this, I'm going to finish up cleaning out my sewing box. It's full of things and projects I haven't used in 20 years - time to get rid of the bad and keep the good... I just need to get organized.

Anyway...more tomorrow...

No comments: