Saturday, August 25, 2007

Saturday....feeling free....

Well, a lot has happened in my life in the past 24 hours. A lot to me, anyway...but it may not seem like a lot to anyone else. Yesterday I worked dayshift and, with the encouragement of a very dear friend & co-worker, I decided to apply for extended sick leave so I can be home with Floyd. I've found over the past few months, that when I'm working my mind just isn't on the job, which, for me, is highly unusual. I love my job with a passion and have, for the past six years (yes, it's been that long!!), given my everything to it - striving always to give the public and members the best service I can...no matter how messed up things may get (and they do!)... But now I find myself just wanting to be home. So this morning I went to talk to my doctor about it and she has put me on leave until the end of September. I can't even start to describe the burden that I feel has been lifted off my shoulders. I know I'm going to miss my work, and the people I work with, a lot, but for now - this (home) is where I belong and need to be. Thank the Lord for a job that enables me to do just that...

Apart from that...Kristy and Bob left about 11 to go to Red Deer for the weekend and I just puttered around the house - cleaning up, etc. We finished disc 3 of "LOST", so I had to go and rent the last three discs. Maybe tonight we'll have a chance to watch some...

2 comments:

Floyd said...

I always read your blog sweetie

Tom said...

I am glad you are staying home now with Dad. It is a time you will always value as will Dad. Of that I am certain!!

I am just excited you are able to do that.