Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Catchin' Up!!!

I hate it when I get behind in my blogging 'cause it puts me in 'catch-up' mode... Anyway, let's see...

Monday and Tuesday Floyd wasn't feeling well at all. He was having major cramping in his abdomen and trouble keeping food down. We called the doctor on Monday and should have gone in but they didn't have an opening until Thursday. He kept saying it could wait but, in hindsight, we shouldn't have. Tuesday was the same...he woke up feeling okay but as soon as he started to eat (even bland non-fat stuff), the cramping came back. He was so bad that, around 2 p.m., I ended up taking him to the emergency. They got him in pretty quick which was so good as he wasn't feeling well enough to sit in the waiting room for hours (another reason we'd put off going there...). They ran almost every test - did ultrasounds and cat scans, blood tests, etc...- and found nothing. It was a good news/bad news scenario as the good was that they found nothing and the bad was that they still didn't know what was causing the pain. They ended up sending him home about 8 p.m.

That night, once Floyd was better and tucked in bed, I went to meet up with Kristy, Samantha, Cassie, Bethany & Cynthia at their place for a girls' night sleepover. Bob took Andrew out for a movie and they came back to our house for the night, so at least I knew someone would be with Floyd.

We girls had a blast. We watched some Andy Griffith and then "Send Me No Flowers" - classic Doris Day/Rock Hudson/Tony Randall comedy!! We had lots of munchies and Starbucks, so we were set! I've posted some pics in my August 2007 album if you want to see them... After the movie, we all were in semi-sleep modes and gravitated to our separate bedrooms but, in true sleepover fashion, Kristy and I no sooner laid down, than we were wide awake! Cynthia came in to see what the giggling was about and joined us in the bed and we three talked for more than an hour. It was really fun and we had a good talk... In the a.m., Bethany, Cassie and Cynthia made us all waffles and the party broke up around 10... I had to get home to see how Floyd was feeling and Bob dropped Andrew off.

That day, in the afternoon, I talked to Mandy on Skype and we talked for over 3 hours!! It was so much fun and the connection was crystal clear. We talked about everything we could think of - Cass coming, their visas, her math (LOL!), their school, etc., etc. It was wonderful. Since then we've talked a lot - it's so nice just to pick up the Skype "phone" and make the free call!!

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Wendy, I love those pictures you took. What a great memory. Now Mandy and Jorge can see our apartment! And Floyd and Bob, and Tanya and Tom....LOL
Thanks for taking them!
Cynthia