Today was a different one...one of those where you just kind of wish you'd kept on sleeping... It started off with a bang when I checked my emails before going to work to find out that an offer has been put on my "dream" house in Picture Butte. I can't even start to tell you how sick I was. I cried all the way to work but was encouraged when I got here by co-workers who assured me it was all going to work out for the best... I have to keep believing that. There just hasn't been (so far) one other house that I've seen that I've wanted to live in...of all the many we've looked at.
Then, work. It was steady (good old Christmas domestics) and my friend Chris and I noticed that our partner, Shaun, wasn't looking good. He said that he'd had chest pains all night long and now he was sweating and nauseous. Not a good mix. Being a typical man, he kept saying he was okay, but once he began to run to the bathroom vomiting, Chris put her foot down and drove him to the emergency. She was with him for about an hour and ended up leaving him there. I went and saw him on my break - he was all hooked up and not a happy camper. I made him call his wife (he didn't want to!), then went and bought him a couple of books - to help him fight the "boredom factor" - and a teddy bear and card from our watch. The nurse said he was going to be there for at least another ten hours, so he was pretty frustrated. Oh, well, he's in the best place and I hope and pray he'll be out soon.
From there I had about 15 minutes left of my break, so I got in a Starbucks lineup for a shot of caffeine. While sitting there, I looked in my rear-view mirror at the couple behind me who were obviously not having a very happy conversation. The woman looked on the verge of tears and the guy was not thrilled himself. I thought about a thing Floyd and I had heard on the TV yesterday about something like 80 people in a lineup at a coffee place in the States - and how they had all paid for the person behind them. So, when it was my turn to pay, I picked up the tab for the couple behind me and hoped it made their day just a little bit happier..... It certainly brought me some peace.
Saturday, December 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi sweetie. Sorry your day started off bad. But I told put and offer on it also. Just hoping our offer is higher and that the other people have to sell their house first. Maybe our will sell first. Love you
Amiga espero que recuperes tu animo pronto, tu eres una persona sensible y maravillosa, como dicen en espanol despues de la tormenta viene la calma, tendras dias mas animados, te deseo una FELIZ NAVIDAD, junto a tu esposo y tu familia,,un beso grandote y un fuerte abrazo Sulay.
Post a Comment