Last night was a busy night at work - not insane, but steady. I don't like working this time of the year because of the suicides. It's just so sad. We get so many calls now of people who have taken their own lives, leaving their young children, elderly parents, and spouses, to not only grieve and fend for themselves, but to have to be the ones to discover their loved one... It's so very sad and just breaks my heart with every call...
I slept until noon then got up and vacuumed as we had a showing at 2:30. Dan has just flyered the market again with info on our house - he is so committed to helping us - we thank the Lord for him. We took Madison and went to Canadian Tire as we had a couple of items to return and we wanted to look at a new light for the dining room. Samantha has asked if she can have my Mum's chandelier that's over the table and we have decided that, if it's important and sentimental for her, she will have it. So, seeing as our previous offer fizzled, we now want to quickly take it down and replace it before another offer comes to the table. Whenever I go to Canadian Tire, I'm always impressed with their extensive line of kitchen items as well as home decor. I often forget to look there for items. They have the Debbie Travis line - of dishes/home decor/etc. - and I believe it's exclusive to their chain. Her stuff is really nice and reasonably priced. Having said that, we didn't see a nice ceiling light for under $150, so we're going to check out Home Depot tomorrow...
After that, still having time to kill for the house showing (or using that for an excuse!), we went to Kelsey's. We haven't been there since Mandy, Jorge, Kristy, and Bob came with us, I don't think, and that was a long time ago. In their tradition, we ordered the spinach dip appetizer - we'd both forgotten how good it was. We had a really nice time - laughing and talking about our future plans...planning holidays and family vacations...imagining our grandbabies' faces...stay posted! LOL! But first we gotta sell the house!! It's our "Ticket to Ride"!! Ha ha...
We came out of Kelsey's and when we got back to our car, Madison was all curled up in a ball on Floyd's driver's seat. We were laughing because we called her our "poor man's seat-warmer"! When we were taken around by a realtor in Lethbridge, I was in awe of her warm leather seats - such a nice feature in our cold winters! But then, when Floyd got in, he said, "Oh, my seat is all nice and warm!", so we figured Maddie is our cheap seat-warmer!
We went back home and were talking to Cynthia when the doorbell rang and it was another realtor wanting to show a client the house! So, this time we were there and they just did a quick viewing - and they are coming back tomorrow night with his family! Yay!!
That's it for today...I need to go and get ready for my last nightshift. Then four days off - woohoo!!
Sunday, December 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi sweetie. It was a fun afternoon and we should do things together more often eh? Well your off for the next few days so it should be fun. I love you and doing things with you.
Post a Comment