Okay, so the Lord got my attention today, in a rather startling manner... I've been admittedly worrying about how everything is going to "fit" with our move and my job situation. Last night, over and over, I kept giving my dreams to the Lord. As mentioned in my last blog, I fell in love with that Picture Butte house all over again this trip - even more so. Floyd assures me that we can make any house our home and that *is* true, but this one just really felt like "home" already. Then today I found out from work that I need to allow at least 6 weeks to get my LWOP approved and that the employee who does it is taking off next week for Christmas vacation... Hmmm....
Soooo, on my break, I was walking to the bank, praying, praying, and just giving it all to God. In my mind, I took my little PB house and lifted it up to Him and asked Him to look after it, if it's the one for us...and, of course, that our one here will sell. Anyway, I was crossing an intersection and saw a van crossing as well (coming towards me) but figured he'd see me. All of a sudden I realized he was making a left turn and speeding right towards me!! I put out both my hands in front of me (smart move, eh?) and he screeched to a stop with his front bumper about 5" from my shaking hands!! He rolled down his window and asked if I was okay - he said the sun was in his eyes and he never saw me...
I'll tell you, I walked away praising the Lord that I was still able to walk and that I wasn't laying on the street waiting for an ambulance... It was then He reminded me, "Your very life is in my hands. You can trust me with your house and job..."
(On an ironic note: the vehicle was a DATS van - I wondered if he was trying to drum up business...)
Thursday, December 13, 2007
Putting life in perspective....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow Mum,
Thank God you are okay! Jorge and I are praying for you with this whole situation about your house and job...I know it will all work out. Try to remember to speak positively and dont let your thoughts affect your emotions too much. The more you declare with your mouth God's goodness, the more you will see Him working before your very eyes. The best time is God's time...and He knows the desires of your heart. I love you and I believe that you will be living in your little picture butte home soon!
Post a Comment