Last night Floyd and I went to a co-worker's house for our Watch Christmas potluck. I made a trifle and "Swartzie's" potatoes - yummy. This was the first time we've done this but it's only been about a year since my work has gone on the "watch" system. At first I wasn't for the prospect of always working with the same ten people but we've become a really close group and have developed some very good friendships. Our supervisor is outwardly a bear, but inwardly a pussycat, so us women all know how to sweet talk him into seeing our way, even though he'd never admit it....lol. But we had a lot of fun even though not everyone made it out. It was a good time to meet spouses that we'd all heard about, but never met, as well. After a delicious concoction of food dishes, we went downstairs to play Wii and foosball. I discovered that I'm no good at either. ;-) LOL. We were playing Olympic events on the Wii (trampoline, swimming, track & field) and, yeah, poor Peach (my character) was devastated by her losses every time. I decided she needs some time with Kristy to boost her morale back up...
We got home about 10:30 and were thankful for the nice weather, not much traffic, safety on the roads, a fun evening with good friends and each other, and a warm snug house to come home to...God is good.
Thursday, December 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It really was a good party and I got to meet some of the people you work with. The food was great too and the games were good. I'm sure they are going to miss you around the com center.
Post a Comment