Sunday, December 02, 2007

14 Ancient Grains of Goodness....


I realized today that I hadn't mentioned about my new "baking machine". I bought the Bosch Universal Kitchen Machine and, so far, am thrilled with it. It's supposed to be the best bread maker on the market and, of course, can also be used as well to do virtually any other mixing job in the kitchen. I tried it out a couple of days ago to make a batch of Ancient 14-Grain bread. It made five loaves and Floyd and I both love the bread. The ancient grains? Kamut, spelt, teff, quinoa, and amaranth + nine other grains. All of them are ones that are coming back into use - but classified as "ancient" because they date back to Biblical times and before.

Anyway...I couldn't sleep tonight and thought I'd take a couple more pictures of my Christmas tree (Amethyst got me started on the Photo Challenge Blog, which, for those of you who have fallen by the wayside, is up and running again!) with my star filter. Here's a couple for you:




3 comments:

Floyd said...

Good bread honey. The machine does a good job. Love your blog. Keep it up.

Tanya said...

Oh yum!!! Bring a loaf down with you! So glad you like your new machine...sooooo what are you doing with the old one? (wink, wink)

I love those photos Mum, so pretty! I had forgotten you had a star filter

Wendy said...

It has your name on it, Tan! It'll be there this weekend....