Saturday, December 08, 2007

The last couple of days.....

I'm just finishing up my nightshifts and so haven't blogged in the last three days because my work doesn't leave me much time for anything else...

Our offer was put in writing but it's kinda conditional (they want my kitchen island, the pool table, and some of our furniture!) and we found out today that they aren't even willing to meet us halfway - they say their offer is their top price, so I'm not sure we'll accept it as it's a whole lot lower than we planned to go...

On my second dayshift (Thursday), I met Val and Shyanne at a nearby restaurant for lunch as we've been trying to get together for our December games night and it just wasn't happening... Shy's expecting (yay!) and has been battling nausea and Val left for her Christmas holidays yesterday, so we figured it was a kind of "do-or-die" situation. It was good, though, as always when we get together. We chatted and caught up on all our news - I'm sure going to miss those two when (if) I move...

Last night work was busy - typical Friday night - and, in the midst of it all, at 0300 hrs, Kristy called from Africa! My heart just jumped at the sound of her voice and I felt so bad because there was no way I could talk to her. But we made a quick "date" to meet online this morning, so that made me feel better as we haven't talked for quite awhile. So, when I got home at 0700, I signed in and, lo and behold, Mandy and Tanya were online as well as Kristy! So the four of us chatted for a bit until Mandy left and then Tanya, Kristy, and I did a Skype conference call. We weren't sure it would work but it did! I think it was a little hard for Tanya to hear sometimes but Kellen was able to say "hi" to his Aunty Kristy! After chatting with KB for about an hour (I love you and miss you, KB!!), I went to bed and slept until about 1230. Only 4 1/2 hours, but I'll take it...sigh...story of my life. However, after I'd been up for awhile, I took my friend Tammy's advice (she's always telling me that I need to nap whenever I feel tired, seeing as I sleep lousy at night) and turned on my heating pad, cuddled up with it in a velour blanket and turned Andrea Bocelli on low by my bed... I slipped into blissful sleep for about an hour and a half and woke up feeling really refreshed! Thanks, Tam - I love you!!

Tonight at work Mandy called me! It's always such a nice surprise to hear from my girls when I least expect it! It was only a brief conversation but it was good to hear her voice... I'm praying for you, Mandy, that you'll feel better soon (she had a headache and didn't feel good). I also brought my camera to work tonight to try and get some candid shots of good old "A" Watch but discovered that a lot of them are camera shy and didn't want me stalking them - LOL. But I got a couple of poor Tammy (with a teabag hanging out of her cheek 'cause she just had her wisdom teeth removed) and Shaun and Justin, who are always ready to pose for a shot! I'll try again when we have our watch Christmas dinner - I've given them all fair warning now...

No comments: