"There's a sad sort of clanging
From the clock in the hall
And the bells in the steeple, too...
...Regretfully they tell us,
But firmly they compel us
To say goodbye to you.
So long, farewell, Auf wiedersehen, good night,
I hate to go and leave this pretty sight.
So long, farewell, Auf wiedersehen, adieu,
Adieu, adieu, to you and you and you...
I leave and heave a sigh and say goodbye,
Good bye."
It was a sad one. I cannot believe as I walked out the building about half an hour ago, that I was actually leaving the RCMP. I have loved this job for the past six years and I pray that giving it up is the right decision...
Tammy, Shaun, Christyne, Justin, Amie, Lisa, Anita, Laurie, Tara, Shannon, Ron, Shelly and Lui...I'll miss you all. We've had some stressful times, some crazy times, and a lot of fun times over the past few years. You've given me support when I've needed it, help when I've yelled for it, and have laughed and cried with me when I've needed that as well... Thank you for being the best. Nothing short of the best.
And now, on to something different. I pray that I'm doing the right thing because right now I feel so unsure. It was so hard to say "goodbye". We all had a good cry before I left, and I continued all the way home.
"The sun has gone to bed and so must I
So long, farewell, Auf wiedersehen, goodbye,
Goodbye."
(the quotes are from "The Sound of Music" - for those who didn't know...)
Friday, January 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Te entiendo perfectamente,,cuidate y que Dios te bendiga....un fuerte abrazoooo.sulay
Sorry sweetie. I know it ain't easy to say good bye.Just be thankful that you have people that are sorry to see you go and love you enough to tell you so. Hey come to think of it I'm going to be sorry to see you go on Sunday too. SIGH. You'll be gone for a whole week.Can you knit Madison some little slippers. She'll be wearing her feet out checking the rooms to see where you have gone.Maybe you should tell her before you leave. ha ha.
Post a Comment