...but it's only been three days - since I've blogged. But lots has happened. Friday night I went out to supper at Montana's with Shaun and Tammy - friends from my Watch. We had lots of fun - Tammy and I played "join the dots" on the paper top of our table and we caught up on each other's news. Tammy bought me some beautiful lilies to take home and Shaun paid for our dinner... I sure am going to miss those two.
On Saturday, we had a showing at 3, so Floyd and I drove around - we took Mandy's newsletters to the church, then putzed around the neighborhood until the people left. Then at 5, we went to Ray and Shelagh's for supper - Beth and Glen were there as well. Talk about "trouble"!! You put Beth, Shelagh, and I in the same room and you have an instant party - lol. We had a blast... Shelagh served us a Malaysian meal that was really different - it was meat on rice but served with toppings such as coconut, peanuts, pineapple, cucumber, chutney, bananas, bacon bits, green onions, and more!! Really interesting with such a variety of tastes all mixed together. My poor body didn't know if it was having main course or dessert - ha ha... After, I taught them how to play Mennonite Madness which was a big hit - and fortunately nobody lost an eye or a finger... From then, Ray taught us how to play a card game...I forget what it was called...something about Sevens Always Being Wild or something like that...lol. It was fun as well. After more visiting, Ray, Shelagh, and Floyd began to reminisce about their Bolivian mission trip, so Shelagh pulled out the album and showed Beth and Glen some of the photos. Then we topped off the evening with chocolate cake and ice cream and headed home about 10:30. It was a fun, fun evening. And as we left, there were no "good-byes" as we all agreed to meet again for coffee when I come back for weekends... Ha ha, that sounds like a criminal...when I come to serve weekends...police humor (sorry).
Oh! While we were at Ray and Shelagh's, Floyd got a call from the realtor who showed our house today and he wants to bring the same people back for another look tomorrow (Sunday) !! Yahoo...second showings are always a good thing...
I also spoke to both Mandy and Kristy a couple of times during Friday and Saturday and that always makes my day!! It was good to catch up on both of their news. Both have updated their websites.
Today, Floyd and I went to first service, after which I went up and talked to Keith - to thank him for being my reference - although he said he hadn't been contacted, or else he would have told them about my time in drug rehab...lol. It was interesting to have him say to us, "You have no idea how hard this is for me...." Awwww...it's hard for us, too. He said he understands and thinks it's a good move, he's just having trouble with us moving on... And we're gonna have problems doing that, as well...
I came home and made up some Potato and Cheese soup - both for Floyd and to take with me to my get-together with Val and Shyanne at 2 p.m. It was potluck, so I brought that, along with some Kettle chips... We met at Val's and had something to eat, then played games. The first one was a game called "Urban Myths" that Val had picked up but never played. It was easy to learn and lots of fun, although we did have some issues with things that we were sure were true and yet the game said they were "urban myths". We appointed Val as the official "Googler" to check up on the producers of the game - lol!! From that we went on to Mad Gab which was so much fun - Val's the queen of the game, though, and beat Shy and I hands down...
Back home and Floyd says that tomorrow (Monday) we have another showing!! Yahoo...different people this time, as well...so that's good.
Sunday, January 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yes we did have fun at Ray and Shelagh's. The food was great and the fellowship was fun. You three girls are weird. Good thing that Ray Glen and I were there to keep you all from being too goofy.
Love ya sweetie. We'll have to have them over some time eh?
Post a Comment