Last year I ordered the complete collection of "Get Smart" but have just pulled it out and started watching it. What a blast! LOL! This show aired from 1965 - 1969 and I have no idea how many episodes I watched back then (seeing as I was in the Arctic watching "canned" TV) but it sure wasn't many... Like Corner Gas, it's the only show that I've watched for a long time that has really made me laugh out loud. I just finished watching the episode where Hymie, the robot, was introduced. I never knew that he was originally a creation of KAOS but came over to the good side when working with Max. For those of you who may not know him, Hymie was programmed to follow orders literally and it makes for some pretty funny scenes. The best so far was when Max and Hymie were at a party and Max made the error of telling him, "Hymie, watch me and do exactly what I do..." Ha ha...hilarious. Or, "Well, hop to it, Hymie!"; "Glad to meet you, Hymie, shake?" Then there's the always-failing "Cone of Silence" and the infamous "would you believe...?" sayings -
Max: You think you've got me, but I have you surrounded by the entire mounted 17th Bengal Lancers.
Khan: I don't believe you.
Max: Would you believe the First Bengal Lancers?
Khan: No
Max: How about Gunga Din on a donkey?
Want some more? Remember Siegfried, the German KAOS leader?
Max: Couldn't you just have shushed him?
Siegfried: Ve Don't Shush Here!!
or
Shtarker: Let me let them have it. Dudududududu (making a machine gun noise).
Siegfried: Shtarker, zis is KAOS, we don't Dududu here.
then there was the priceless catch phrases, like this one:
"The old Professor Peter Peckinpah all purpose anti-personnel Peckinpah pocket pistol under the toupee trick."
HA HA HA HA......
Monday, January 07, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment