Twenty-five years ago today my Dad went to be with the Lord. Incredible how the time has flown. I don't even know where to start to give a tribute to him - he was my Daddy and I didn't have enough time with him. We had our ups and downs but he was an example to me of a Godly man and father who was never ashamed to show his humanity. He had a brilliant mind and loved any puzzles or wit that involved words. A master storyteller, he made our family mealtimes adventures with his tales and quizzes ("Who can tell me....?" our response? "Oh, boy! a quiz!!"). His vivid memories of his childhood were never far from his mind and memory and he was so good at recalling names and numbers (addresses, phone numbers, etc). I think Kristy gets that gift from him... Daddy, I love you and can't wait to see you. I'm so glad you are with the Lord and, I'm sure, playing a trumpet in His band!!
Today was also my fifth day off and tomorrow I go back for my last dayshift - starting at 0830... This morning I went to my doctor and told her that I was no longer taking the "cancer pill" and, while she didn't blame me, nor defend the doctor that never told me the side affects, she did say that it was kind of a "lesser of two evils" seeing as long-term use of prednisone has some pretty damaging affects as well. I'll just have to live with that, use as little as I can, and leave the rest in the Lord's hands. Nothing else I can do. At least I don't use it every day which is what I would be doing with the other one.... I have no regrets stopping it.
From there I went to a store that Beth and Shelagh told me about - near downtown, called Acquired Taste Tea House. I was so excited because it had all kinds of teas and teapots. For myself I was looking for a smaller one - around 4 cup size - and ended up finding a cute one. Then I was on the hunt for Tanya because her and I have issues with teapots that drip!! This lady, I was told, would cheerfully let you try pouring out of the pots before you buy and that sounded good to me! With their help, I found a nice one that I hope Tanya will like and it doesn't drip!!! (at least it didn't in the store....lol).
From there I went to Thyme Maternity and Motherhood Maternity on 137 Avenue because Shyanne said there were some really good sales there... I was looking for Mandy (of course) but was just unsure because I'm not 100% sure of the size nor style to buy for her. So, in the end, I did buy one comfy-looking outfit - leggings with a long top (almost dress length). I hope she likes it. She'll be here in 3 weeks (yahoo!) and we'll go again then as the staff says they should still have lots of sale items still in stock...
1 comment:
Wow! It's been that long eh? I never got to really know him. Sigh. By the time we moved south he was already sick.
Post a Comment