Soooo...I was thinking today about how all of our blogs are really diaries of our lives but for some reason (unthinkable to my brother, Bryan), we choose to make them public. Ha ha... I, for one, don't have a problem with that because I enjoy reading about my girls' days and I think it keeps us a lot closer.
Anyway, I was wondering...does anyone ever back up or download their blogs? I mean, do we know how long these things are going to last??? The reason I ask is for obvious reasons...are our kids and grandkids going to be able to read these years from now if they want to? Especially for people like Tanya, who's diarying daily achievements and events in her children's lives...
I'm sure people smarter than me know the answer, so let's have it... Tom???
Sunday, January 06, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That it so wierd...I kid you not that I thought the same thing this morning! Well actually I have thought about it a few times, but today when reading one of Tanya's blogs I thought the same thing...that we should really keep them in folders or something because they are a diary for some who use them all the time.
It definitely would be a good thing to have around as the years go by. Haha!
Love you Mum,
Mandy
Mandy and I have the option of downloading to our computers a *back-up* of our blogs...I do that every now and then...which reminds me, I haven't done it in a long time.
LOL@ Uncle B though. I sometimes wish mine wasn't public because sometimes I have things I want to write out that I don't really want others reading...so I just tend not to blog much during those times. It is weird lol
A friend and I considered what it would be like to have an anonymous blog that nobody knew about - just so you could write whatever you want about anything without hurting feelings. I thought about it but I barely keep my one blog running - let alone two!
Funny you should think about that because I tried to print my blog off the other day and it wouldn't print it off. I was going to ask you about how to do that but I forgot.
I tried a blog but decided that I like the idea of keeping some of my thoughts to myself. I just was not comfortable with anyone in the world being able to read it. Oh, and I could not figure out how to print it and save it for myself. I just ended up copying and pasting it into my journaling program on my computer and deleting my blog.
Post a Comment