Saturday, January 19, 2008

Oh me of little faith...

....ha ha. Well, we've always said that God is in control of this whole situation but during the past 4 months it has sometimes been a test of our faith to see that.

Yesterday morning (about 3 a.m.) I came home after my last nightshift with the RCMP. It was a good night but pretty emotional... I was working with Tammy and Shaun (the three musketeers of "A" Watch) and couldn't have asked for a better night. We had one tough call but Shaun and I worked on it, as the good team we are, while Tam fielded all our other calls, and it worked out okay... One of my good friends, a member from Lac La Biche, came to visit me and we had a good chat on my break, so that was nice. I also received a message from a Slave Lake member that really touched me. I've gotten lots of supportive emails over the past 4 months from members who have said how much I mean to them and how they have felt safer when they know I'm working and that has been so nice to hear. I printed off every one for my "one day" RCMP scrapbook that I'm going to make. My Watch gave me a beautiful (sniff) card that I'll always treasure, Shannon baked me a cake, and they gave me Esso gift cards for $70!!!! They said that was so I could always afford to come back and visit them. What sweethearts. I got off officially at 1:30 but didn't want to leave. That, and Tammy was threatening to tie me to a post if I tried to leave, so I hung around with her and Shaun until around 2:30, then finally said the good-byes. It was brutal. I'd bought every one a little gift to remember me by and a card, so I handed those out and got lots of hugs...and tears... Poor Christyne was a basket case... It was really hard to walk out that door, I'll tell you. Had to hand in my security token and building pass... Shaun walked me out to my car and we were both bawling. All I could think of was, "What the heck am I doing? This is my dream job and I'm giving it up! I haven't even sold my house! Am I doing the right thing?" The wonderful thing that I must say about all my RCMP friends is that they supported me 100% - I never had one person, whether it was in the OCC or in the field, tell me that I was doing the wrong thing. Everyone agreed - family is the most important thing in this world and we should do whatever we need to do to be closer. So that really helped. Tammy gave me a card that had a picture on the front with a little girl with her arms crossed over her eyes and the words on the front was "No no no no no no no no no no no", then inside, it read, "FYI you're not leaving." Awww...I'm going to miss her so much. Tammy, you are my 4th daughter (and Shy is my 5th!) and I will always stay in touch with you - we are "forever friends".

Anyway...on with the story. I cried all the way home, just bawled. I was a mess. I finally went to bed about 4 but couldn't sleep. I got up about 10:30, I think, and we had two showings for that afternoon - one at 3:30 and the other at 4:30. Floyd and I went for coffee over at the mall and walked and talked. It was a good time for us both to just hash everything over. Anyway, when we got home, Dan (our Realtor) called to say that the people from the second showing were in the process of writing up an offer!! By 7 p.m., that offer was on our dining room table - it was decent, we counter-offered, and by 10 p.m. both Realtors were in our house and the papers were all signed!!! What the heck???!!! Talk about a faith check from the Lord!! It was incredible. We told Tanya right away (had to talk to someone!) and she was pretty excited! Then this morning we told Mandy and Kristy. Now we can start looking seriously down south....

God is soooo good....

2 comments:

Am said...

WOOHOOO!!! Congratulations! What an amazing answer to prayer :) God is awesome, isn't he? See you soon!

Anonymous said...

felicidadessss...............solo un poco de Fe.... ademas eres una persona maravillosaaaaa y Dios nunca se olvida de quien ama,,,,,,,que buenooooooooooo estoy muy felizzzzzzzzzz,,un abrazo sulay.