Monday, January 21, 2008

HERE!

A really weird feeling...I'm here in Lethbridge and starting a new job today... But the "weirdness" is countered by a wonderful sense of relief that our house in Edmonton is basically sold. That's one BIG burden off our shoulders. Now the looking down here begins but that's going to be fun! And I know God has one picked out special for us...

I drove down yesterday and the roads were clear. My 2008 Ford Focus (courtesy of Denny Andrews who are STILL working on Staven) cruised along smoothly, although I will say I miss the comfort of Staven's seats. I got to Tanya's around 6:15 p.m. and was met by the rowdy, excited, beaming cluster of grandbabbies that are the main reason for our move! They make it all worth the while. Tanya and I spent the evening catching up on news as Tom was out with a friend. We ran to Safeway about 9:30 to pick up a few items and then I went to bed about 10:30. I tossed and turned all night - prayed and sang silently. But my mind was going 90 mph and there was no way I could stop it and sleep alluded me all night long. Oh, I did doze on and off, thank the Lord, but each check of the clock only put me one more hour ahead. Finally, at 5:10, I decided it just wasn't going to happen, so I got up to blog and read my Bible.

Today Floyd is going to find out what's happening with the house in Picture Butte. How wonderful it would be if it was still available and we could get it - then we wouldn't have to go house-hunting...

2 comments:

Floyd said...

Hi sweetie. I got up the first time about 11;15 and went and got my new Edirol and listened to music most of the nigh. Like you I seemed to wake up about every hour. I saw 12:30 ,1:30 2;30 3:30 and 4 ;30 then got up at 5:30 and talked to Kristy for and hour or so
Madison is still sitting by the door waiting for you to come home I guess.
Love you sweetie
Guess i should show and get ready to go to A&W

Anonymous said...

Hi Mum,
I am so excited for your new job and Jorge and I will be praying for you this week for sure! Dont worry, everything will go just great! We are leaving this afternoon for Santiago and then tomorrow for Sta. Cruz, so we probably wont chat before then. Please pray, as we looked on the forcast and it says that there will be rain storms everyday in Sta. Cruz!! It made me sad, just because I was hoping to take Jorge around the city for sightseeing, but I guess a little rain wont stop us. I'm praying for just a few afternoons of no rain....

Anyways, I love you and we will call you guys this week if we can!

TTYL Hugs and kisses!
Mandy