Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Outdated coffee and Yahtzee for two...

Not much happened around here today - Floyd and I are kinda trying to keep bolstering each others' faith that soon something would happen...

And, then, it kinda did! While I was talking to Tanya around 5, lo and behold, I got an email from Lethbridge Police Service, asking me to come in for a five-minute typing test within the next three days. Riiiight. Okay, so it's been 20 days since the competition closed and I have heard nothing and now this. Five hundred miles, $80 worth of gas - all for five minutes. I left them a voice message and replied to their email to get in touch with me tomorrow to see if we can come up with an alternative...

After supper, Dad and I sat down to play a game (!) - yup, you read it right! He actually wanted to! So, while I made myself an English-type coffee (I guess you'd call it a Latte these days - growing up it was just coffee with hot milk), he pulled out the dice for the game. I scrounged around to find some decaf and spooned it into the hot milk. It just kind of laid there and stared back at me, so I stirred and stirred it, but it was pretty determined not to mix in. Hmmmm...I heard KB whisper in my ear: "Check the expiry date". Ha ha. Yup, my choice of drink for the night expired in May 2004!! LOL! But, once I got it mixed, it worked. Chucked the rest in the garbage.

Yahtzee was weird without Kristy but we played anyway and Dad skunked me terribly. I think the dice liked him more than me tonight...

That was it for our day - still nice out - it's hard to believe it'll soon be November. No white stuff and that's all good!

3 comments:

Floyd said...

Hi sweetie I guess you had better start looking at expired dates for sure.

Tanya said...

You still drank the coffee????
EWWWWWWWWWWW!!! ROFLOL!

Glad you and Dad had fun though

Wendy said...

Didn't want to waste a whole cup of milk!! LOL! Sigh....yeah, I should have binned it....