Saturday, October 27, 2007

Busy days/nights....

Okay...here we go - I'll try and catch up on the last couple of days. Yesterday we hung around the house and I started another project that cannot be revealed on here because I'm delighted to find out that, indeed, people do read my blog! LOL! And the project is for one of those people. But I had a lot of fun with it and then in the evening, Floyd and I were invited over to some friends' house for a game night! We were excited - especially me, because I love to play games! Anyway, we'd been there about 15 minutes when another couple came in. I didn't immediately recognize them but when Alan made the introductions, I nearly died! The man, James Pederson, lived with our family in Yellowknife for about 4 months in 1970!! I recognized the name and when I looked at him, I knew right away it was the same guy. Talk about weird!! He came north, from CBC, with my brother, along with about 3 other students, to make some money for the next year's tuition. I was 17 at the time and he was part of the Christian youth group that we all hung out with. Throughout the evening we caught up on each others' news and shared some common memories - especially of my two brothers, Derrick and Bryan...

Then today was spent doing 'stuff' for my sister, but not actually spending much time with her! LOL! I told her, at the end of the day, that she owed me big time - at least a coffee... First, I picked up a whole bunch of her and the kid's stuff from her house - about 10 bags and 4-5 boxes. Then, after dropping it off, I drove her to Superstore - oh my goodness - I have never seen a store that busy! I don't know if it was because it was the end of the month or what, but the lines went about half way down each aisle. I left her to do her shopping, got a few items I needed (making sure it was under 15 items!!), bought a book ("Last Light" by Terry Blackstock), and found a place to curl up and read (Stella). About 3 hours later, she was done and we headed back to her place. Crazy. But I was glad to help her out and I didn't really have anything else planned for today anyway...

Tomorrow we have another open house from 2-4 and we're hoping that maybe someone will come and fall in love with our house. If you want to see the listing for it, by the way, you can click here. But Mandy and Kristy, if it's going to upset you, don't do it!! LOL!! Floyd and I are more and more ready to move south. We keep talking about the fun we're going to have doing this, doing that, etc... I just think we're ready.

1 comment:

Floyd said...

Good blog Wen. Sorry I should have commented when I first read it eh? Love you