Ha ha...Tanya will appreciate the title of this blog! Still no takers on our house. We are trying to faithfully leave it in God's hands but some days that is hard. We continue to remind ourselves that, if the move is to be, then He will bring someone along who will love our house like we do. If not, then here we'll stay and see what He has in store for us...
Today was a busy day - I started out with having coffee with one of my best buddies - Beth. Yeah...we shared, we laughed, we cried...it's what we do when we're together. I can't believe we've only just become friends these past few months and yet it feels like we've been friends forever.
Then I went and ran some errands - to Superstore to check out some of their organic stuff and pick up a few items we needed. Then to Staples and to the church to put Mandy and Jorge's newsletters in some mailboxes. Lo and behold, when I came through the back door, who did I hear talking at the seniors' luncheon but my hubbie! I stood in the back and listened to him, not wanting him to see me in case I threw him off what he was saying... I'm so proud of him - of his willingness to work in the kitchen at all the functions like that - such a servant heart. And it made me wonder, again, if this proposed move is going to be hard on him - he has so many friends here...
I stopped at the bookstore and picked up my copy of "The Shack" (see previous blog) but haven't started it yet. At 5:00, I talked to Tanya for a few minutes, then talked to KB for about half an hour on MSN. It was so good to talk to her - we haven't done that for a long time. We talked until her battery on her laptop died! LOL. I love you, Kristy!!
From there I went to meet Val and Shy for our October "girls' night out"! This time we met at the Wok Box, an Asian restaurant in Callingwood (conveniently situated next to a Cobs Bread!). The meal was good - we all shared our food - and we had a lot of fun and catching up on news. From there we stopped next door where I picked up a Blueberry Tea Loaf for Floyd. Then we went to West Ed Mall to see "Across the Universe". Wow. It was not at all what I expected. It was a musical based on the Beatles' music - and, I guess, was meant to be a story made up of a whole bunch of their songs. It was a really weird mix - at times touching, funny, painful, silly, and tragic. I loved the tunes and I'm sure it's going to make me haul out my Beatles CDs for the next couple of days but whoever made the movie sure had a vivid imagination. That, or a drug problem. Ha ha... The night, all in all, was a fun time and we've already decided that our next get-together (yup, it's going to be a monthly ritual!) is going to be pot-luck supper and board games!! Yahoo!!
Now I'm off to bed to start my book....
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment