Wow...our house only went on the market yesterday (the sign didn't show up until this afternoon!) and already we've had two showings - last night and tonight. Last night we went over to Ed and Betty's and hung out there for a couple of hours. It was so nice to see them and all the new things they're doing in their house (they have a gas fireplace now!). Then, tonight, we had another showing and had to, again, get out of the house. Poor Madison can't figure what's going on! She's never spent so much time sitting in the car yet going nowhere - LOL! Tonight her and I (Floyd had practice) went to see Cynthia and bring her a whole bunch of "stuff" (cleaning out my house). We had a good visit and were able to catch up on some of our news. It seems like whenever we're together we don't have enough time to catch up on it all but we sure are seeing each other a lot lately and that's nice... I'm going to miss our visits if this whole moving thing goes through...I just can't think about that right now.
Today I went to physio at 9 and had a good workout for about 1 1/2 hrs. It sure is helping me - I can feel the improvement in the range of motion that I have now even though this was just my second appointment. I won't lie though, it does make my hip ache more. Soooo, anyhoo...today my therapist had the x-ray report from the doctor and went through it with me. He said that (gulp) it looks like a hip replacement may be in my near future. It really hit me hard at the time but he was very encouraging, telling me not to look on it as a "death sentence" but rather as a short-term inconvenience that would lead to a healthy, pain-free "rest of my life". I didn't think they would do replacements on someone my age (nice to be too young for some things) but he said they do and they're very successful. Monday I have an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon which is kind of amazing because my doctor said she thought it would be months before they'd get me in. So I guess I'll know more Monday. I don't feel like I'm anywhere near needing the operation yet because I'm not in that much pain and it's certainly manageable when I do have it. But there are the three times when it's been "unstable" (nice name for my face plant - LOL!). I'm hoping and praying they don't give me a "now or never" scenario because Floyd and I really have enough on our plate right now without worrying about this. I don't think they will, though...
Anyway, when I got back from physio, I finished shampooing the downstairs carpet so Floyd could go bowling. He'd already done most of it and it looked really good. Then when he got back, we loaded some junky mattresses from the basement (no, Mandy, not your bed!) and took them and some cans of paint to the Eco Centre. I also spent about an hour talking to Mandy on Skype - it was so nice. She was just resting on her bed and there we were - face to face, and the sound was as clear as if she was across the table from me. And it was free. Doesn't get much better than that. We were looking at a website while we were talking - one that shows a 3D depiction of what a baby looks like at each week of growth. Theirs is almost 8 weeks and we were oooh-ing and aaah-ing over how developed he/she was even though less than one inch long.
The rest of the afternoon I cleaned out the toy closet downstairs (yet again). It's hard 'cause I'm such a pack rat and want to keep things for sentimental reason or "in case I ever need it", even if it hasn't been used in twenty years and no one but me even wants it! So, I kept a few good quality toys and books for the grandkids, some of our favorite board games, and binned the rest. Okay, I didn't bin it, I took it to Cynthia's 'cause I figure what her kids didn't want, someone else there might. I struggled with the Oilers poster from the Gretzky era - the one of the whole team on the ship at West Edmonton Mall. What would you have done with it? Yeah, I kept it - LOL - after all, how much room can a rolled-up poster take? Welcome to my life...
Other than that, I was glad to see that the RCMP and EPS caught the suspect in Cst. Worden's murder. I kinda feel out of the loop not being at work as I know his death must have affected a lot of my friends in the force. Good ole' Mounties - always get their man!!
Friday, October 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment