..."Everything you were designed to experience and enjoy is found in God. Knowing God is your life and your highest joy. You either believe that or you don't. Believe it and you will experience and enjoy life, real life, eventually. Disbelieve it and, at best, you will experience counterfeit life and enjoy it only for a season." - The Papa Prayer by Larry Crabb.
I have (finally) finished this book and it's been a life-changing one for me. And I think it will be even more so as I put it into practice. It has made me realize how selfish my motives, my actions, and even my prayers have been. How often have I approached God, as a child would crawl up on the lap of Santa Claus, seeking only to get things? Granted they may be things for others, but, none the less, my underlying goal has been on what I can get... I have failed to focus on the most important thing - my relationship with God. Nothing else matters...nothing else.
Sunday, November 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Wendy. As you know I am not a reader but just reading your comments make me think that I should read this book. Right now I am reading a book that Jorge says is a good one (Jesus Freaks) and so far he is right. Ya I am reading and I kind of like it. I am also reading a small book that Mandy and Jorge gave me (Bible Promises to Treasure for Dad. I'm about half way through this one and the last verse I just read is Phillippians 4:13 (I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me).
Post a Comment