I never thought the day would come when I crave a good night's sleep! All my life, this has never been an issue and now, gradually, I guess, - over the past 5 years - it has become one. Lately, I've been trying out some little friendly pills from my doctor but none have had the desired effect and I'm sick of the side effects (waking up to a sandpaper-dry mouth is no fun at all - LOL)... I think I'm just gonna throw them all out and work my way over this hump in my life. If you think of me, please pray that I'll be able to get a good night's (or a good day's!) sleep.... thanks....
Apart from that, I'm doing good! Had my shrink exam for work this past week - "No, I still don't hear voices telling me things that are too bad to talk about", and "Yes, I still love my father." Etc., etc.... too funny! Except it's not when you have to read and answer 500 questions as equally bizarre as this!! But I'm still on the job, so hopefully I passed. It's kind of a joke at work, actually, when psych test time comes around - we kind of look at each other and say, "Do you think I would work here if I was sane???!!" Ha ha.....
The weather has gone berserk and I can't believe we are actually having these freezing temps (-20 to -30 without wind chill!) and have this much snow so early in the winter!! It's been years since this has happened, so I guess we've gotten spoiled. However, tonight as I was walking home from the mall (had to hunt down a new toque and scarf!) I had to admit I liked the crisp crunch of the cold snow when I walked on it. And the clear Alberta night, with all the stars shining - it reminded me of my childhood in the arctic. There's something to be said about a winter that is truly "a winter"! No, I don't want to comment on what that something is... you know what I mean...
Well, I'm sorry to put you through this - I am truly rambling tonight. I really should pack it in and go to bed and see how the night goes.... I'm trusting and hoping for a good one. Next posting I promise something less focused on myself, more profound and maybe, hopefully, more interesting!!! Chau!
Saturday, November 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sleep well my Wendy-Mum!!! Will you explain to me the sunglasses issue?
I'm working on a paper (actually I'm procrastinating on it by reading your family's blogs --but that cant be all too bad) and staying up insanely late tonight. Generally not healthy. If you're keeping up with my blog (I posted again! once a week for you guys! :)) and wondering, feel free to ask Mandy about my Jonathan. She has a better handle on things than I could probably type out....actually Jorge knows quite a bit too :). So talk to them in spanish about it, for practice! I'll pray for you to learn it better, and I think you have the best teacher of all-Jorgito viviendo en tu casa!!
Hey Elisa - good to hear from you - I'll send you an email re the sunglasses!! And talk with Mandy re this Jonathan!!
Love you!!!
Post a Comment