Friday, November 10, 2006

Recovering...slowly but surely....

Yup, the adrenaline of the past two months is slowly seeping it's way out of my body - I never realized how much I was running on it's mighty power until Sunday afternoon! Kristy and Bob stayed over until Tuesday and about all the four of us did was sleep! Too funny! Many times we all kicked back in our leather recliners and were "going to watch a movie". What a joke! All evening long, we'd wake up at different times, groggily glance around at the other sleeping three and drift off again! And for me it was that really heavy saliva-drooling, drugged kind of sleep. The kind where you think, "I really should ge......" and then wake up three hours later to start the same thought - ha ha. By Wednesday morning, as I was heading back to work, I was just starting to feel awake again. Incredible...

We had lots of veggies left over from the wedding and so I've been making and freezing soup every free moment since. I've made enough for about 5 batches of broccoli soup, 2 cauliflower and a huge pot full of vegetable beef barley that's simmering on the stove as I type. I also made an awesome vegetable one and it was sooo good. And now I'm back on my core plan with WW, it's all good. I've also started swimming again on my lunch breaks during dayshift and have just found out that the pool is now opening at 4:45 a.m. (ouch...the thought hurts!). Sooo, I could even go before work now if I wanted to! (Keyword there: wanted). Yeah, I'll keep you posted on that thought!

I had to clean my freezer out so I could freeze all this soup (it was full of leftover cookies that Kristy had made for the reception - way to go, KB!), so last night after work, Floyd picked me up and we drove to Blackfalds! Floyd had packed all the cookies and they were being returned to their rightful owners - hope the guys in Titan office enjoy them! Floyd dropped me off at the pool in Lacombe where KB was doing aerobics, so I surprised her! You should have seen the look on her face when I walked into the pool! It was worth the drive! I love you, KB!!! After, we went home and watched some more of season 3 Corner Gas -toooo funny. This morning, after they left for work, we headed back to Edmonton. The roads were dry and it was a nice drive. The white fields made me ready for Christmas - I'm starting to get excited now the wedding is over...

No comments: