Well, the new thoughts on blogging come from watching a new episode of Corner Gas last night! Ha ha - anyone else watch it? Anyone reading this blog? If you did watch it, you'll know that Hank attempted a blog (with everyone's encouragement because they found it was a good way to shut him up - "Go write on your blog about it, Hank..."). However it didn't take long before Hank realized that no one was reading his blog because they didn't seem to know what was going on in his life ("Didn't you read about my truck on my blog?"). It made me re-evaluate (briefly, because, after all, it is only Corner Gas!!) why I am doing this.... I ended up with the conclusion that, for now, I enjoy it and it seems to get me putting my thoughts down on paper (okay, maybe cyber-space, not actual paper) and I like to do that. Whether or not anyone reads it is really immaterial to me - I am doing it more for myself than for others. Besides if no one is really checking it out then I can write all kinds of stuff and really say what is on my mind without fear! (Ha ha...now you're gonna be checking it regularly, aren't you!?).
The second big news of the day is (taaa daaa....) my new fish tank! Ha ha. Yup, while Kristy and Bob were here last night, with their help, I picked out a fish tank (not too big), plants and five little fish - exotic goldfish. I've even named them: Oreo, Jack, Monstro, Brando and Ginger! I love it because now I don't have cats I don't have to worry about their little lives being threatened. The tank is small enough that it's not going to get dirty, the fish don't eat much, they won't get sick and die (okay, I know, I'm thinking positive here!) and I don't even need a fountain in my living room any more because the nice trickle of the pump makes a soothing noise (excuse me while I run to the bathroom - be right back!). I love my new fish!!!
Okay, okay...if I don't tell you the whole story, Kristy or Bob are going to rat on me in my own comments! You, too, can get your own fish tank - beautiful and virtually maintenance free!! At www.prolific.com!!! Best screensaver I've seen for a long time! Gotcha!
Tuesday, November 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
okay so where it all the stuff that you were really thinking eh?? Just kidding. If that really makes you go to the bathroom please don't bring it in the bed room with you hu? I don't want to have to get up every few minutes when I am try to get my beauty sleep. Ya I know I need lots of it eh?
love ya
Me encanta la idea de unos peces siempre me ha parecido tan bonito a demas de relajante,,,, si leo tu pagina pero a veces solo estoy rapidamente en internet y bueno no emitimos los comentarios, un abrazo disfruta el tanque y cuida de los peces, y recuerda no llevartelos al cuarto no queremos perder la belleza de Floyd. Sulay
I'm here, I read. I love reading what you have to say. I always feel like no one is reading mine but I enjoy writing in it, so I do.
I was SO confused about your fish tank - I was like "NO WAY!! I can't believe she got FISH!!" LOL Didn't even think it was a joke until you said so - I was just in too much shock.
I'm here too, I love to read your blog! (and I loved the Corner Gas episode!) Keep it up, you have such a wonderful way with words!
As far as your fish go, congratulations on the new addition to your house, too bad, Bob and I couldn't have cats and a dog like that!! LOL
Love you!
Post a Comment