Monday, November 13, 2006

This is a recording.... (I wish!)

" RCMP, if you want to know if the highway is closed, press 1; if you're going to drive anyway and want to tell us that, press 2; if you've gotten stuck on the highway because you drove when we told you not to and now want us to come pull you out, press 3; if you want to tell us about a vehicle in the ditch but you have no idea where on highway 2 it is, press 4; if you want to tell us about an accident that looked serious but you have no ideas if there are injuries because you didn't stop, press 5; etc...etc.... " Ha ha - that was my day! If I could have made it a recording, I would have, believe me! All day long (I was called in on overtime from noon to 6:30), that's how it went. Poor members were going crazy trying to attend to all the accidents and vehicles in the ditches!

But now I'm safely home and looking forward to doing some stuff I'd planned to do today - baking, cleaning, etc.... Thanks for those who responded to my last post. I've composed an email to send to Macleans - maybe I'll throw it by Tanya and Kristy (my best critics with always-good ideas!) first... watch for it!!

Here's an official word from the RCMP: stay home tonight!!!!

3 comments:

Kristy said...

HAHAH - I love that recording! Too bad that you couldn't have recorded yourself saying that, so you wouldn't have to answer the phones all day! I'm glad you are home safe and sound. What baking are you doing?? I took some cookies to work yesterday and they were a big hit :-)

Have you written that email to Macleans? I haven't seen it yet??!!

Love you,
KB

Wendy said...

Yeah, after several hours of those kind of calls, I was ready to try it, trust me!!

I'm making (by request) the chewy chocolate chip ones...

How come you didn't get the email? I'll send it to your work...

Love you!

Floyd said...

Okay so where are the cookies???????I didn't see them last night and I don't think I smell them now and it is 10:45am. Tuesday morning.
Sorry your day was like that. I'm glad you are home safe and sound.Sure do love you.