Okay, well, almost! Yesterday, when I got up after my nightshift, the weather was really nice and so I got the boys to help me put up the Christmas lights on the house. Floyd first of all checked out the Weather Network and, when he saw the upcoming forecast for the weekend, quickly agreed that it would be a good day to do it. Jorge made for the basement (they'd just come back from a hard day bowling!) but Floyd soon called him out so he wouldn't miss out on the Canadian experience of putting up Christmas lights! He said in Chile they don't put them up because people would steal them... After the wonderful job of sorting through the endless strings (why do we keep lights that don't work from year to year? I just don't understand the logic. Do we think that over the summer they will get better and work?) of lights, replacing a few bulbs, and throwing out the dead ones, we set about the task. Floyd went up the ladder, which Jorge was holding steady (very important job according to Floyd!) and I was the "passer-upper" of lights (that and make sure I handed them the right end first!). Ha ha... some Christmas traditions...years of endless fun! What? Sarcastic? Not me! The house looks nice though (okay, during the daylight it looks horrific 'cause we have those ugly icicle lights!) and it was worth it (after dark!). Then, when I was getting ready to go to work (that's what I get for listening to my phone messages - when will I learn?), I noticed that even though it was dark, the newly-put-up lights were not lit! I asked Floyd and he said, "It's not Christmas yet, it's only November". Sigh.... Maybe you're right, hon, it's just that we went to so much work.....
On another note, I talked to Byron from Fort Mac today - the lucky guy that just got back to work after a trip to Wales and then to Maui!!! I think yesterday was his second day back to the office. I'm bugging him to start a blog and now he has an added reason to - to get those memories down while still fresh and get some photos online so I can see them! Come on, Byron, you know you wanna.... Maybe I need to talk to Leah (his wife) instead and see if she's more adventurous. They have a new (okay, not so new anymore!) little baby - Lincoln - who I have seen once when they brought him into the comm centre but it sure would be nice to see some recent ones (hint, hint, nudge, nudge!). I can't wait till his blog is up and running and I'll see if I can snag a photo of Lincoln for on here... Wales and Maui...all in the span of a month and a half...doesn't seem right to me somehow...but I may just be a little bit jealous...
Tuesday, November 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi swetie. Ya glad we put up the light yesterday.or was it the day before??haha. Anyway it would be too cold to do it now for sure. Okay, Okay so I'll turn the lights on if you like. Hey don't call me cheap eh???
Soooo...you two are going to help us put up our lights...RIGHT?? LOL
Can't wait to see you!
Post a Comment