Sunday, November 05, 2006

Mr and Mrs Jorge Santana!!!

I know you've been waiting...so here's one shot of Mandy and Jorge with Tanya and Tom's little ones. There will be more on my photobucket page (see link on left), but the professional photos are going to be so much better, so wait for them! The day itself was wonderful and all that Mandy had envisioned and dreamed of. The girls were out of the house at 6:30 a.m. to go to the hairdresser's house for hair and makeup, while Floyd and I went with Mark and Nathan (two of Jorge's friends from YWAM that came for the wedding) to the Fort to start set up for the reception. We were only supposed to be there for about an hour but kind of got carried away and I wasn't out of there much before 11:00. I picked up the flowers (which she loved!) and went home. Mandy had just gotten home and we set about getting her into her dress. She looked like a princess! We then set about getting us girls into our dresses and getting the babies all dressed. Without the help of Elisa (Mandy and Jorge's YWAM friend who also flew in for the weekend!), Chrystal and Myria, we couldn't have pulled it off. Thank you soooo much, girls!! But the men were waiting for us at the church and the ceremony went off without a hitch. It was the first to be held in Beulah's new chapel (just finished the day before - literally!) and was a lovely, intimate environment. We walked down the aisle as couples as the whole wedding party was our family! Floyd and I were best man and matron of honor, Tanya and Kristy were bridesmaids , Tom and Bob were groomsmen and all the four little Listers were ring-bearers and flower girls. So going down the aisle, I walked with Jorge as, of course, Floyd walked down with his little girl. I said to Jorge when we got to the church, "Sorry to keep you waiting, Jorge..." (we were a bit late but not much) and he said, "Mum, I've been waiting all my life for this, a bit longer doesn't matter to me". I'm so proud to have him as our new son. God is so good...

Now it's Sunday night and the house is pretty much back in shape after the chaos of the weekend. We had bodies sleeping in every available spot, it seemed. Airmattresses and all beds were full. Tanya and Tom came home a bit earlier than us last night (to put the binkies to bed) and we didn't get in until about 12:30, then had to unload everything from the hall - lots of food left over!!! Oh my goodness! But at least we had enough. Tan had cleaned up a lot of the mess in the house by the time I'd gotten home and I was so thankful for that. Now, everyone's gone home except Kristy and Bob who will be leaving tomorrow. I'm back at work on Wednesday and am thankful that I have a couple of days to recuperate!

Lord, you have given my baby the wedding of her dreams and I am so thankful to you for all you have done in her life! You took a little girl whose heart's desire was to love and serve you and gave her a young man with the same desire. Now as they begin their lives together, bless them and keep them forever - firstly, in love with you, and secondly, in love with other....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Felicidades para los chicos, las fotos estaban estupendas y la novia hermosaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, todos los nietos mas bellossss un abrazote y mil bendiciones. que lastima que no pude irrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!, un abrazo sulay.