There's a song that's been running through my head for the last couple of days - The Warrior Is a Child by Twila Paris - it kinda sums up feelings I've been having...
Lately I’ve been winning battles left and right
But even winners can get wounded in the fight.
People say that I’m amazing, strong beyond my years,
But they don’t see inside of me – I’m hiding all the tears.
They don’t know who picks me up when no one is around.
I drop my sword and cry for just a while,
Deep inside this armour – the warrior is a child.
But even soldiers need a quiet place to rest.
People say that I’m amazing – never face retreat,
But they don’t see the enemies that lay me at His feet.
They don’t know who picks me up when no one is around.
I drop my sword and cry for just a while,
Deep inside this armour – the warrior is a child.
Deep inside this armour…
The warrior is a child.
I wonder if there will ever be a time when I won't feel like a child? Or, am I supposed to feel this way forever? Are we designed that way because we have a heavenly Father and we were created to be in a child/parent relationship with Him? It seems that the time I feel the strongest (in whatever area...) are also the times when I feel most insecure, vulnerable and child-like. Ever have a day when you just want to go home and cry in your Mummy's or Daddy's arms? Just to be a child and feel protected by someone bigger, stronger and wiser? Someone who will take you in their arms and make the world go away? I am so thankful to God that He is there for me at those times (seeing as my Mum and Dad aren't). I know that deep inside me is a child that will always need that.
3 comments:
I have to say, I think the world would be a better place if they did give out chocolate on the street corners!! I know I would be a happier person!! LOL
That song from Twila is my absolute favorite one! I love singing it!!
I love you Mum - see you this weekend!! (or maybe even tonight!)
Not sure it would be good for me but I think if that were the case you would find me checking every street corner. That is a nice song. When I feel like that I hope you are home to hold me. Love you
Thanks, honey-bun - I know I can come to you, as well....
Post a Comment