Thursday, October 12, 2006

Seeing squares....

Well, today I had the house to myself as Mandy was working and Floyd and Jorge had some baseboards to put up at a friend's house. I had my to-do list on the kitchen table and was able to cross of some of the items. Most of the day I baked for the reception (or the shower...or whenever food will be needed over the next 3 weeks...). I made 2 batches of fudge, some brownies and 2 types of cakey-square-kind-of-things. My two 9x13 pans were missing in action - unknown when they were last seen (the joys of 4 people doing dishes and putting things away - not that I'm complaining!!). I searched the whole house and in the end tried to improvise by using smaller and/or bigger ones and the results were not always quite what I'd wanted! Ha ha.... At one point I even had my ruler out trying to do the math and in the end ditched that idea because it was driving me crazy. I figured what would happen, would happen ...and it did! Good news: I think they all turned out edible and okay.

In the evening, we four went to Henk and Ria's house for an awesome meal of roast beef and home-made wine! Apple turnovers were for dessert and we had a lot of good laughs and fun. Their house is beautifully decorated and Mandy and I were getting ideas for the future. Funny thing was, whenever we would point out something we really liked, either Henk or Ria would say, "Oh, yes, Floyd did that for us", or "Do you like this that Floyd did?", etc., etc. Hmmmm... got me thinking!! Pass me the pencil and paper...

1 comment:

Floyd said...

Sorry dear. I was just trying to be helpful to people that I think need help at times. It's okay if you get out your paperbut don't make the list toooooooooo looooooooooong. Love you sweetie