It's 4:45 a.m., so I can't really be held responsible for my ramblings at an unearthly hour like this, can I? I just wanted to publish my "perfectionist" post before I went to bed (now doesn't that tell you something more about my leanings in that area - ha ha...) . I worked 5 hours - from 11:30 p.m. last night to 4:30 this morning - to help them cover for breaks. It wasn't that busy so the night kinda dragged. I bought them all a Tim Horton's on the way, so they were doubley (is that a word?) happy to see me... I told them when I left, though, not to call me tonight!
Tonight Tanya, Tom, Kristy and Bob are all coming for the weekend and it's going to be busy but fun - getting the dresses altered (help! is it possible to lose 20 lbs in 18 hours?) and then on Sunday is Mandy's shower. It's going to be different without the little ones here - but we'll go visit them soon...
I've fallen in love all over again with the incredible voice and music of Andrea Bocelli. I had to stop listening to him when I first started studying Spanish three years ago because my poor befuddled brain couldn't handle me listening to something (Italian) that sounded so much like Spanish. I couldn't just relax and enjoy it - my brain (perfectionist?) kept trying to interpret it!! What a dork! Anyway, we were over at a friend's house the other day and they had one of his cds on and it was beautiful. Since then, I've hauled mine out, loaded them onto the laptop and am in "my happy place"! Ha ha. What an incredible voice. And, I guess it must say something for my Spanish - that I am now comfortable enough in that - and I can just relax when hearing Andrea. Tuscany here I come.....
Friday, October 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment