Saturday, October 14, 2006

All good things come to an end....

First of all, I have to say "hi" to Leigh!! He left a comment on my blog (see "To Checkstop or Not to Checkstop...) as he promised he would. Leigh, you can sign your name, even though you logged in as "anonymous"! Thanks, anyway, buddy - glad you found the time to drop me a comment... I'll look forward to hearing more from you!

I've had six glorious days off work, and got lots done for the wedding/shower (three weeks from today!!!) and now tomorrow - back to reality! Today, we (Mandy, Kristy and I) went to Nola's - making a pit stop at Tim Horton's to say "hi" to Samantha and Cynthia & to pick up coffee for Nola (okay, okay...we were "forced" to have some, too! And those "smiley" cookies were really good!). Nola streaked and cut both Mandy's & Kristy's hair and played with Mandy's to envision how she's going to do it on "the day". We had a good time catching up on family news and, as usual, Nola kept us in stitches with her stories. Then, Nola ushered me into the chair for some "highlights", so that was nice of her. I thought I'd see if anyone at home noticed but they didn't - however, I'll say this in their defense: first of all, the highlights were really subtle, and, secondly, my poor hubbie is color-blind! Ha ha... so that's okay...

After, we grabbed lunch and then went to the Pretty Party Place at WEM to get more "stuff" for the reception and shower. I think we're nearing the end. Mandy went home to see Jorge and spend some time with him and KB and I continued our quest for more items.... In the evening, we made chocolates (too much watching "I Love Lucy", I think! Ha ha...) - boy, it's been a long time since I've made those!

Kristy's good for Mandy and I - she's good at planning and settling on things that we tend to waver back and forth on. So, thanks, Kris, for coming up and helping! It's gonna be fun!

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Today was lots of fun, thanks Mum for having me, I love spending time with you! Your hair looks pretty! :-)
I think everything is going to be awesome, we are going to have fun at the shower and the wedding is going to be so much fun!

Love you so much!
KB