Sunday, June 24, 2007

I feel like I'm the only one blogging...

...but that's okay! Today is cool and overcast and I got home at 7:00 and went to bed. Oh, first I called the constable that's going to the trial with me on Thursday and we discussed the case, airfare, accommodation, etc.... I have to go to work tomorrow and listen to the tape as it happened May 2006, and I've long forgotten the incident. Hope I did a good job - lol - would hate to sound stupid in the courtroom... I can hear the lawyer now..."Just what did you mean by that remark, Mrs. Barto?" Ha ha. I must admit I'm looking forward to the trip - to see how the courtroom politics work and to meet some friends that I haven't seen for awhile. I'm hoping to squeeze in some ride-a-long time as well, if possible....

I woke up at noon, showered, and just got dressed, when Floyd came home from church. I'm on day three of my Isagenix and feeling good. I felt terrible the first day - don't know what that was all about - maybe just the change in diet. Tomorrow is the first cleansing day...ha ha. Yeah, I gotta admit, I'm still skeptical, but, having bought the products, figure I've got nothing to lose. I've been googling a lot about the company and have not come up with much bad about it. Two well-known people who are really sold on it are Jack Canfield (Chicken Soup author) - he's even written "Chicken Soup for the Healthy Soul" with stories about people whose health has been bettered by the product. And the other is John Gray, author of "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus". Apparently, he, too, has written a book about Isagenix entitled "The Mars and Venus Diet and Exercise Solution". But it is so hard with food. I know we were talking to Tom and Tanya about it last time we were in Lethbridge - you try to eat healthy and avoid all the pesticides, toxins and chemicals that we all know our foods are laced with, but how can you avoid it altogether? And how do I know that all the products I'm using right now are "organic". You just have to end up taking peoples' word for it, I guess - either the store's word or the company's word. Apart from having a degree in chemistry yourself... So, I've decided to give it a try and trust the Lord that it's okay for my body. Anything's got to be better than eating the fatty, processed foods in the restaurants and stores, I think...

Floyd and I called Bryan before lunch - we haven't talked for soooo long!! We all agreed that we should be talking once a month, not once every 3-4 months. We talked for an hour and didn't even touch on his news, so him and Sal are going to call back tonight to continue the call. It sure was good to talk to him though...

After "lunch" (LOL), I went downstairs and finished Mandy's Chilean wedding scrapbook! Yaaaay!! I'm really happy with it - I sure hope her and Jorge are... I've done both of their ceremonies now, so it's time to get another scrapbooking project. I think I'm going to do our trip to Minnesota last year. If you look at the Photo Challenge Blog link, you'll see a sample of some of the pages from the album.

I then came upstairs, took some photos for the Photo Challenge, posted them and wrote on here. Now I'm going to watch some more "Christy" - I don't think I have many episodes left. I might knit but I'm feeling pretty tired, so I'm thinking that my eyes might close for a bit as well......

1 comment:

Floyd said...

The Scrapbook of Mandy and Jorge's wedding is beautiful. Good job sweetie.