Tuesday, June 12, 2007

We just got back from four wonderful days in Lethbridge with Tanya, Tom and the children. It's always a relaxing time for us, when we basically have nothing more to do than spend time with them. I was hoping Tan would blog about it (LOL) so I wouldn't have to - how lazy can I get, eh?

I had fun with my camera - took lots of pics of the kids... I'll be posting them tomorrow night on my photobucket so you can see those. We celebrated Adriana's 10th birthday on Sunday afternoon with some friends invited over
for the occasion. Our gift theme for her this year was 'horses' as she's really into them right now (she's taking riding lessons). She's taking the whole thing very seriously and studying to make sure she knows the answers to questions her teacher gives her. We were even able to pick up some boots for her, so all weekend she had to act the role of the "cool cowgirl"...
Amelie is talking so much now and so clear - but she still has some priceless 3yr-old pronunciations that are just "her" ('gink' of water...). She's bonded thoroughly with her Papa and Yammie and constantly asked to come back to our house with us for a sleepover. I had thought she was too young but I'm not so sure now. Maybe if we were closer... Six hours is a long way if she suddenly wants her Mum - LOL. Here she picked some flowers for Yammie....


Kellen is also talking much more - the words I heard the most were "no" (even when he meant 'yes') and "right there". In Costco, he suddenly saw a huge wooden playhouse and swing set for outdoors and got so excited. He kept pointing and saying, "Papa, right there!!". Ha ha, he knows who to ask. I am Papa as well to his little mind. But if someone asks him, "Where's Gram?", he'll look or go to me, but still calls me "Papa". To him, Floyd and I are just "the Papas" - LOL... He's such a handsome little lad (Ami calls him her "hancey man") and such a bundle of energy. He loves an audience and will throw himself all over the place if it gets a reaction! Here he is "playing" Nintendo....

Erilyn is just my little "Eri-bear". She continues to tug at my heart strings. I honestly don't know how Tan and Tom can discipline her (but I'm so glad they do). She wanted me to stay longer and started saying Sunday morning (we were due to leave Monday afternoon!), "Gram, I don't want you to leave tomorrow". Her little eyes filled up and I almost lost it. She's a precious jewel as are both her sisters. They get on so well together and have a strong love for each other. Here she is playing with a Pet Shop toy we got her (had to do a Toys 'R Us run...LOL)...


We four (Floyd, Tom, Tanya and I) had wonderful moments to talk (and play Carcassonne!) in the evenings when the kids were all tucked in. We stayed up too late but we don't get together that often, so it was worth it. Floyd and Tom spent early morning hours bonding while waiting in line for Robin Mark tickets on Saturday morning, and Tan and I had some good laughs while making a trial sling for little Isabella. We were following a pattern off the internet so weren't too sure on what we were doing, but were pleased with the end results!! We couldn't get either of the little ones to try it out (sigh...) but were able to find a doll who'd go along with it! What do you think??


We headed out Monday afternoon after lunching at Taco Bell (thought of you, KB!) - it was a tearful goodbye - I miss them all so much. I know we're close enough to drive down but it still seems a long way away...

When going through Claresholm, we called Clayton and Amanda to see if we could do coffee with them on the way back but when Clay answered his cell, he said he was playing golf in BC!! So, I guess that'll have to be for next time. Little Breanna will one this month!

So that's all for now...more to follow within the next couple of days. Like I said, I'll try and post pics tomorrow evening. I'm going out for lunch tomorrow with Craig (from Smoky) and then in the evening, I'm having supper out with the staff of New Beginnings, so I'm not sure when I'll be home...

3 comments:

Erin said...

Awwwww! Those Lister kids sure are precious! You really captured some priceless moments! And I love that sling!! Glad you had a great visit with everyone!

Kristy said...

Glad to read you had a fun time - the pics are really good too, I can't wait to see more!

Love you!!
KB

Anonymous said...

You must have both had a great time, yeah I can understand that it is hard to leave them....I have that same feeling everytime I leave family. You got some great pics Mum, I would love to see any others you took, let me know if you put them on your photoblog or something.
Guess I should get going...Love you lots!!

Mandy