
Well, my trip to court has been canceled. I went to work today to talk to my supervisor about the trip arrangements and to listen to the tape. There was some discussion about why I was being subpoenaed as it seemed to us that the PSAP 911 operator, not me, should be the one going to court. We answer 911s but only the ones that are directed to the police. There are PSAPs (Primary Service Answering Points) all over the province that take all 911 calls. They ask if you want fire, ambulance or police. If you say "police", then they transfer the calls to us and they come in on our 911 lines. If there's an accident or assault or something like that - something that requires two or three of the services, they take the details for fire & ambulance and then (in a perfect world) put the caller through to us. Don't get me started on PSAP operators - lol. It's not a pretty picture. Let's just say that this one goofed up a bit and the court wants to know why. The good news is that it wasn't me that messed up (this time, anyway....) and so I wasn't needed. The Crown told the detachment involved that they wanted the 911 operator, so they automatically presumed that was me....
Anyway, long story to say my trip's been canceled and that's all good. I'm looking forward to my last day off tomorrow, then back to work. Today I had a good long chat with Mandy on MSN - it's always good to catch her online. Ooops, that reminds me, I'm supposed to email her a recipe - better do that right after this.
In the afternoon, after talking to her, I knitted some more - still working on Isabella's blanket. Then I need to start a blanket for Kellen and a quilt for Isabella as well.... Not to mention some slippers for Kristy's friend who's going to Tibet! Boy, those slippers are going all around the world!
I'm all done the "Christy" series - I'd forgotten how it ends! LOL! Talk about leaving you hanging....arrrrrggggghhhhh.... Who did she end up marrying? The preacher, David, or the doctor, Neil?? I've moved on to season two of "Touched By An Angel". The first few seasons of that show were sooo good and I'd forgotten a lot of the episodes.
I also had my first cleansing day yesterday and it went fine - nothing to report. I felt fine, was a bit hungry but it was totally manageable. Now I'm back into the daily routine of two meal replacements and one healthy meal. Boy, that one meal sure tastes good!! But I'm trying to avoid salt and sugar (yes, and Splenda!!), so that I can, during this month, get my taste buds back to appreciating food that isn't sweet or salty. I also looked into organic foods today at Safeway and was pleasantly surprised! There's quite an assortment coming out - even organic skim milk and yogurt. Safeway themselves have quite a big selection of foods called O (for organic). Yup, I'm becoming "one of those"! But, you know what? I think I'm going to try to do all I can to eliminate the chemicals and toxins out of my diet, and see if this has any affect on my angioedema and other swellings/hives that I get on a regular basis. You never know! I do believe that they are caused by something in my food or environment and, in my dreams, that's what I'm hoping and praying for.....
1 comment:
Hey Mum! I was gonna leave you a comment on the photoblog challenge but for some reason it wouldnt let me.....I am sooo excited to see both the wedding albums!!! Just seeing that made me want to see them soooo bad!! From what we could see just in that picture, they are s beautiful!! Thanks once again for doing them for us, we will always treasure it...I just can't wait to see it!
Well I have to get running here, love you lots!
Mandy
Post a Comment