...that's what last night felt for Kristy and I! I spent the day scrapbooking, which I'm enjoying so much and find so relaxing. Then, talking to Kristy during the day, I found out that she had one more day of holiday leave so we discussed her taking today off. She emailed me and said that, if she could get it off, would I come down and get her? I told her that I'd be there with bells on!! So, she got it off!
Cynthia and Samantha came over about 3:45 - Sam's mouth is still really sore from surgery (removal of wisdom teeth) and she sat on the couch and looked at her new camera while Cynthia and I talked downstairs. Yeah, it was a heavy discussion but we won't go there on here - just keep the family in your prayers. At 5:00, they left and I hit the highway to pick up Kristy. I'd sewn bells on the toes of my slippers so that I wouldn't have lied to her - LOL!! The drive was beautiful, as it was stormy and the sky was incredible. I kept the speed down because I know they've got checkstops all over now and I didn't want to have to explain the pixie slippers!! I pulled into Blackfalds about 6:30, we packed her stuff in the car, Bob rolled his eyes at his dorky mother-in-law prancing about the house to the tinkling of bells, and we headed back home. But first we took a quick detour to (a) return a video, (b) see the beautiful house of friends they know, and (c) grab supper to go from McD's. We then finished going out on Hwy 2a and got on the main QE 2, only to get a call from Bob telling us that if we wanted to go to the concert on Wednesday, we'd better get right back home. Yes, the tickets were still sitting on the fridge back home! LOL! Fortunately, due to the three stops we'd made, we weren't that far out of the town, but it was still quite a ride back....and back again... Ha ha - talk about deja vu!!
We pulled into Edmonton about 9. Floyd was at practice, so we put on Little House (she's working her way through the series) and I knitted. We tried to hook her laptop up to our internet but neither of us could remember how to do it. We went on Facebook for a little while and she showed me some people on there that I know. We got to bed about 11:30, I think.
Now today we have the whole day - and tomorrow as well!! I don't know what we're gonna do, but I'll keep you posted!!
Tuesday, June 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment