Okay...before I start with our day, I just want to clarify for (especially) Tanya and Mandy, who might be feeling (as per their comments!) that they were "out of the loop" as far as my hip is concerned. FYI...I didn't tell anyone - LOL! Yeah, I know, I know, like mother, like daughter (do you remember your Grandmother?? Ha ha). I fear I'm going to be like her in that respect - sorry in advance! I actually blogged about it and then told Dad and Kristy because I figured they'd read it on my blog anyway. Talk about denial, eh??
Anyway...back to yesterday. Kristy and I packed a lot into our day - and now her and Bob are off to BC, so I guess I'll blog about it because she probably won't be on the internet for awhile.
First of all we went to my eye consultation at Lazik. We had quite a wait (as expected) but finally got in to see, first of all, a lady who tested my eyes and took pics of them to see if I was a candidate physically for the surgery. When I read one line on the chart, she was amazed because she'd never seen anyone be able to read that line correctly before!! Score! Anyway, we then went in to the doctor who told me that the surgery was not for me. Did I hear sighs of relief from Tan and Mandy?? Yeah, apparently I'm nearsighted which means that my eyes focus perfectly about 3-5 feet from my face which is why I don't need glasses for work. I need them (right now) for far distance (reading small street signs, etc) and extreme closeup. I don't need them for reading either. He said that the surgery they do would correct my distance vision perfectly (sweet) but it will make my 3-5 range blurry, meaning that I would then need glasses for reading and for work (not so sweet!!). I thanked him profusely for telling me the honest truth, because I would have not been happy to come out of the surgery requiring glasses for closeup and not for distance! I also asked him if I should be wearing my glasses all the time and he said "no"! I was surprised because I'd been told I should but he said that's a myth - you should only wear your glasses when you need them. "So," he told me, "if you only need them for distance and night vision, then that's the only time you should be wearing them". He also said that not wearing them does not strain the eyes - that, too, is a myth. So, I came out of his office really happy because I found out that I only need wear my glasses when I need to - not all the time. And no surgery, no cost - perfect....
After that, we grabbed a Starbuck's and went to Nola's. She streaked and cut Kristy's hair while we talked and caught up on family news. Jorge, she told us she still laughs every time she remembers what you said about needing a haircut because of your toque!! LOL! She sends her love to everyone - Floyd, Tanya, Tom, Mandy and Jorge.
We were out of Nola's by about 2:30 and had an appointment at Spasation in Londonderry Mall for 4. So we wandered around the mall for awhile, went to Dollarama and Coles, then went in for our massages....mmmmm..... We were in the same room - and had a good laugh as we undressed and scooted under the covers!! LOL! It was so nice and relaxing. Dimmed lights, relaxing music...just incredible. And we had the hour-long one so we were like noodles when we were done, we were so relaxed! Afterwards we went to Orange Julius to get a couple of "pick-me-up" drinks then headed to the LRT station on the north end. We put our purses in the trunk of the car, took out what we needed (little bit of cash) and headed into the station. We were just entering when KB asked if I had the tickets! LOL! Oh, riiiiight....that's what was in our purses!! Ha ha. We were so glad we'd realized it before we'd gone much further! We went back, grabbed them, got on the LRT and headed to Rexall Place. When we got there, we got in line because KB wanted to get a t-shirt then we headed in to find our seats. There was some chick playing for the first half hour whom we didn't know - sorry whoever you were....LOL. Then Faith and Tim both came on and sung a couple of songs together. Then it was Faith by herself for about an hour and then Tim by himself for about the same amount of time. Then, of course, they were together for the ending half hour or so. No cameras allowed in the performance - right, what a joke! And no one said anything about cell phones!! Remember in the olden days when people held up cigarette lighters? Well, now it's cell phones! Photos being taken everywhere and there were lots of cameras as well. Our seats were really good and we could have gotten some really good photos but then we were also glad we didn't have the worry of them and could just sit back and relax.
I don't know what Faith and Tim believe but their concert was very well done - nothing immodest or off-color. Faith sung a beautiful haunting rendition of "It Is Well With My Soul" that impressed and surprised us. Apparently it surprised the audience as well as no one (except KB and I) knew the words to sing along! Then, we also noticed towards the end of the show, when Tim had the sleeves of his shirt rolled up, that he had a big (about 6-7" long) tattoo of the Christian fish logo on his inner upper arm. So it really stood out when he put his arms up in the air. Anyone know if they profess to be Christians? I know that they have 3 little ones together and (I believe) a good marriage. It's gotta help singing love songs with (and to) your wife (or husband) when you're on the road, rather than to some other singer....
We were out of there about 11 and home by 11:45. It was a good day and we'd had a lot of fun together. The day was topped by a beautiful thunderstorm that the three of us laid on our bed to watch out the bay windows. The lightning lit up the sky, the thunder boomed and it poured! Absolutely breath-taking! Madison, however, spent the night in the basement! LOL! Poor thing.....
Thursday, June 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment