
Unfortunately, I didn't take a photo of it before I cracked it open. For those of you that don't know, it comes in a smooth brown hard shell that is exactly the same shape as the fruit inside it. So, it kinda looks like....like....pooh. It really does. Beth and I just died when we first saw it and we had to take our laughter outside as others were excited to try the new snack. She tasted it but I couldn't get past the looks. The more I talked about it and we thought about how the first person ever found and tried it (let your imagination soar), Beth finally gave up and chucked it over the balcony. Sorry, folks, but I guess I've cleaned one too many catboxes in my life to let this sucker get past my lips. It (apparently) tastes similar to dates and, I'm sure, is very good - but, seriously, what's with the color and shape?? And the little hairs all around it? Ha ha...Yeah, afterwards, playing with them, they became ear hairs, nose hairs, eyebrows, chest hairs...you get the gist...it went all downhill from there. Shelagh and I planned a little surprise for Gudrun with it. When we were in the room, I "accidentally" dropped it on the bathroom floor. Then we went into the kitchen and waited. Soon, there was a little gasp and an "Oh!" from Gudrun. Until she came out and saw our faces - ha ha....
Anyway, there you go - that was my new food experience for the weekend (and I never even tasted it!!). Go, Honey, go!!!

6 comments:
Sorry love but I just couldn't taste it. That's as close as it get to my mouth.
GROSS!! It looks so gross! I did some "googling" and noticed that it says found in Eastern Africa, and we are going to South Africa. So, I can only hope that we don't have to eat them :-)
Love you,
KB
hummmm rico es el tamarindo, lo puedes licuar con agua y un poco de azucar luego lo cuelas y humm jugooooo, las frutas de africa son iguales a las de america latinaaaa, son ricos en vitamina C y otros minerales ...un besoooo y disfrutenlo.
Save me one. I will try it! Gotta try it once right?
Sorry, Tom, it's gone in "file 13". But when I'm there next, we can seek some out if you're up for it!!
I've tried tamarind before. *I used to have Nigerian & Sudanese roommates (but I actually can't remember which one brought tamarind home for us to try). It really is not as bad as it looks.
Post a Comment