Friday, May 25, 2007

DID YOU SEE IT??

I don't know what happened but between 1 and 1:20 a.m. this morning, there must have been a meteor or something that flew over northern Alberta!! I wish I'd seen it! But I was working and for about 20 minutes all our phones and 911's were flooded with people who had been woken up from it!! About 10 of our members witnessed it - they were out in their cars and said it lit up the whole inside of the car. We had lots of explanations for it from people (transformers blew, planes crashed, severe thunder & lightning) but came away with the only explanation we could seeing as it was such a widespread phenomena (doo doooo do do do - LOL - couldn't resist, sorry Tan!) and that was that it must have been a meteor. One lady called to say someone was shining a light in their bedroom window, then, as she walked around the house, she said, "Wait, it's in every window!". The couple of people I spoke to said it was a thunderous huge fireball in the sky that exploded with red fireballs coming out of it!! We had sightings all the way from Stony Plain, east to the Sask border, and as far north as Fox Creek and Valleyview. UPDATE: I just spoke to a man at the Telus Science Center (I think that's what it's called now...LOL..it keeps changing it's name) and he said it was a "fireball meteor" that was seen in Saskatchewan as well. They believe that it may have fallen somewhere in northern Alberta (eeeek...) due to the size of it and the noise associated. Watch the news tonight if you want to see film clips of it (according to him).

I'd like to watch the news but I'll be at Camp Nakamun for the ladies' retreat! I'm so excited. It's been a long long time since I've been to one, and the two ladies I'm rooming with are so much fun! Also, Shelagh called me a couple of days ago to say that they did a draw and we've been given a suite with kitchen and living room (gas fireplace) in the Heritage Lodge! Yahoo! We have to bring 'sleeping bags' but not me! My duvet is going for a road trip! And, of course, my camera is coming along as well, so I hope to be able to take some pics for my poor son-in-law, Jorge, who informed me yesterday that I'd never taken him to Nakamun! I thought the Rocky Mountains would have made up for it, but I guess not!

Also, by now most of you know (but not from reading Floyd's blog - he's a trifle behind on it!) that the test results we were given on Thursday were good news. The cancer has not spread and we are now getting ready to line up a date for surgery. Praise the Lord. Thank you, all of you, for your prayers...

No comments: