...time flies when you're having fun, I guess (and also when you're just to busy to find the time to blog!!).
It was a good weekend. Friday I worked dayshift and around 5 Floyd drove down to Red Deer to pick Kristy up at work, as she was going to spend the weekend with us. It sure was fun having her home. I'm sure Bob missed her but I hear a rumor that he picked up something while she was away that kept him busy - watch out, Bob, they sure are addictive! You think you spent time on the computer before.... LOL. Yeah, he bought a laptop (I don't think I'm giving anything away) - for their trip in the fall - I'm glad because they sure make communicating with home easier, not to mention doing your assignments, etc. Anyway...back to Friday. On the way home, I picked up Taco Bell (KB's favorite, as they don't have it in Red Deer) because we'd all be arriving home about the same time (around 7ish). The rest of the evening we just hung out - Kristy showed me some more Facebook stuff - boy, is she addicted to that!! LOL!
Saturday we slept in and then just did stuff around the house and Kris and I went to Walmart at one point to pick up some stuff we needed. In the evening, Kristy came with me to work - to stay the whole night!! It was the first time she'd done that, so it was good that I got off at 4:30. She was pretty tired. We were pretty busy around the usual time (10:30 - 2:00) but after that it calmed down. Everyone made her feel welcome - it's nice that my supervisor allows me to do that. Hopefully, one day, Tanya will be able to come and hang out for awhile as well - she's never even been inside the building!!
Sunday morning, Kristy and I both slept til around 11ish. Okay, Kristy slept. I didn't. I had taken prednizone yesterday morning and so couldn't sleep at all. I tried to but was basically wasted when I got up. We had breakfast around noon and then Floyd came home from church. He was counting and we hadn't expected him until around 3. I called in to work because there was gonna be no way that I'd be able to go in that night as well, after having not slept at all. At 3, Kristy and I went to Beulah for a bridal shower for Kayley Edwards. She's getting married in June to Geoff (don't know his last name...). There were lots of people we hadn't seen for a long time and everyone wanted to visit with KB, so she ended up ditching me a lot but I forgave her as I know her news is exciting and she wanted to catch up with other ladies there! As we were getting ready to leave, we were talking to Shelagh and Gudrun about a ladies' retreat coming up in 3 weeks and they invited me to go with them and bunk with them. I looked at my schedule and was able to swing it, so I went home, emailed the church and booked it! I was so excited! I've wanted to go to one for years but the opportunity and timing was never right!
In the evening, we three watched "Night at the Museum" - Kristy's first time - and satisfied our craving for an ice-cream sundae around 9 p.m. (just got there as DQ was closing!).
I had a good sleep Sunday night, which was good because early Monday morning (6:30), Kristy and I headed to Red Deer. She had an 8:00 appointment with the dental surgeon who is going to take her wisdom teeth out. It went well, we had breakfast, then I dropped her off at work and drove home. Uneventful drive - I had my camera beside me but didn't see anything that made me stop...rats...
I got home about noon and Floyd was at Art's helping him build a shed. It was a beautiful afternoon, so I sat outside for a bit, did some work in the garden, then came in. I was restless and hate it when I'm like that. I don't know what my problem is.... Anyway, I made some more bread to take down to Tanya, then I made meatballs and spaghetti for supper - as per request from Floyd. He then went to practice and I spent the evening knitting on my bed and watching "Corner Gas". I was going to scrapbook but decided not to...
That's all for now! Tomorrow we go to the Cross Cancer clinic for Floyd's first appointment - I'm not looking forward to darkening those doors again....but that's just selfishness on my part. It's got to be a lot harder on him than on me.
Sunday, May 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good job on blogging Mumma, now I don't have to blog about the weekend! haha - just kidding! The only thing I thought that you forgot to mention was on Friday night, we had Cass over and about her ticket!!
Now, I guess it's my turn to blog about the weekend, so talk to you later! LOVE YOU LOTS!!!
KB
LOL!! KB - I was *so* waiting for you to blog about it so I wouldn't have to!!! LOL!! Yeah, I *knew* I'd forget something! It seemed like my coverage of Friday night was missing something - sorry, Cass!! Ha ha... and *that's* why we were so late to bed, as well!
Oh, well, people...read KB's blog for what I missed!!
Post a Comment