
...how to make a small pot of stew?? LOL!! I keep trying and trying, but I still seem to be in the "making meals for five people" mode! It's funny...now there's just the two of us....we have to eat the same food as leftovers for two or three days!! Or else I end up freezing it! Ha..ha... Just to tempt you, here's my stew I just made tonight...good job Kristy's with us for the week!!
Speaking of Kristy, she arrived last night and this morning at 7:40, we headed downtown to the clinic for her laser eye surgery! She was pretty nervous and the wait was the worst. We saw two of the technicians, then were put in a big waiting room until the big moment. They had a couple of TVs on the ceiling that were playing constant videos of Mr. Bean and those "candid-camera" kind of clips - some of them were hilarious. An overall good choice of programming for the office we were in, we thought.... Anyway, when she went in for the procedure, I sat in the waiting room and they opened the blinds in the window so I could see the whole thing. There was a big screen above her head that showed the view the doctor saw of her eyes. I never thought I'd be able watch it, but it was so cool! I was really impressed by what they can do. She was in there a maximum of about 10 minutes - it was only about 3 minutes or so on each eye - incredible! She'll blog about the whole thing, I'm sure, so I'll leave more details to her. Suffice to say, for a person who's usually scared of doctors and medical procedures - Kris, I am so proud of you! You did awesome!!
We came home and KB slept for a few hours while I ran a few errands, then came home and did some stuff around the house. Once she woke up, she needed an assortment of drops at different times throughout the day. Floyd got all the fountains put up and running in the back yard and, after supper, I went out and planted a few plants. The rest will have to wait til tomorrow. Kris kind of hung around the house...she listened to Corner Gas for awhile (not allowed to open her eyes and watch it - LOL), then went and napped on the futon while we were outside.
I don't want to write much more because I was really long-fingered last post and I don't want to lose my audience (hello? hello? anyone out there??). The night ended the way I'm coming to love...saying goodnight to Mandy by MSN! It's always so late there and I feel bad for her but it sure is nice, even if it's just for a few minutes...
Enough for now, more tomorrow...gotta take some more flower photos for the photoblog challenge!!
3 comments:
Thanks sweetie. You had a busy day taking care of Kristy and putting eye drops in her eyes every few minutes and making a stew and planting flowers and getting Kristy's computer up and running on line, taking pictures and blogging. Guess that a days work eh?? Love you.
How is Kristy today? I've been hoping that the surgery went well and not too much residual pain. Tell her I say hi!
Your blog is always so informative, I love it! Wow that you watched the laser surgery, I'm not sure if I could do that lol. I've always wanted to get that surgery but am too chicken - it's really cool to hear about it from Kristy and to know how quickly she's recovering. I never knew it was such a quick procedure!
YESSSSSS, keep taking lots of pictures for Tanya's Photoblog. Your pictures are so beautiful.
Post a Comment