Goodbye 2006, hello 2007! Yay! I worked 7.5 hours overtime last night - partly because they were desperate for operators, and partly to ease a little bit of the guilt I was feeling about a purchase I made yesterday afternoon... hee hee... Yeah, thanks to a little bit of influence from Tan (and a whole lot of desire from myself), Floyd and I went to Future Shop and I got the new Canon Rebel XTi !! I'm so excited 'cause it fits my two lenses that I previously bought for my film Rebel. So at least I can redeem my purchase from a couple of years ago! The only problem is that using those lenses creates a bit of a difference in the mm's of the lenses so that makes my 70-300mm lens be more like at 90-450mm!! Ha ha - as Jorge says, "I guess I'll make the sacrifice!" I say, "Sweet!" Speaking of Jorge...well, no, I won't...I'll let them tell you....
Back to my camera - I'm excited because I want to try a lot of different stuff - including some of the contests that Tanya and Amethyst take part in. Tan has got a new one going on her blog for January (see the link on the right of her site) and I'm looking forward to participating in that! Now when we go to Lethbridge, we women can talk photography - yay!!!
Today I got up at 8:30 (went to bed at 2:45) and then worked in the church bookstore from 10:30 - 1:15. Judy did a Starbucks run for us 'cause the coffee bar was closed and we were all craving caffeine. After lunch, Jorge, Mandy and I went out shopping (or just looking...hee hee) and got back about 6 p.m. Floyd didn't come because he was playing a gig this afternoon/evening with his harmonica group. On the way home we stopped at Cineplex and picked up tickets for a movie tonight. We were going to go downtown for First Nights but the thought of being there with 25,000-40,000 other Edmontonians just didn't go over well... Anyway, we came home - they grabbed something to eat and I took a quick nap. Then we three went to see "A Night in the Museum" starring Ben Stiller. Okay, it was hilarious!! It's a recommend from me, that's for sure - think it's gonna be a "must-buy" when it comes out on DVD. No bad language, no sexual crap in it...too funny...
We got back from the movie about 10 and watched the New Year's celebrations from Times Square on TV. Then Mandy and Jorge went off downtown in search of some Edmonton fireworks about an hour later. I stayed home to start on Tanya's second slipper and watch "The Devil Wears Prada" that KB lent me. It was okay - it kinda reminded me of Sabrina but wasn't as good. But I enjoyed it and even Floyd watched it as he came home about 10 minutes into it. Mandy and Jorge went to the Leg grounds but saw no fireworks - I don't know what happened there. They got home about 12:30 and we four had a glass of wine to bring in 2007. Then somebody mentioned pizza and it went all downhill from there....ha ha.... We decided to pop in an Alias and try to catch up to Jorge (okay, that's not going to happen because he's already done the series!).
Gotta go... more tomorrow!
Sunday, December 31, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like a great *wrap-up* for the year! I am so excited for you about your camera! Woohoo!
Post a Comment